Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is the current Albion squad "strong enough to reach the play-offs''

Is the current Albion squad "strong enough to reach the play-offs''?

• Yes

Votes: 31 12.2%
  • No

Votes: 224 87.8%

• Total voters

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Maybe there will be a shock announcement from the Football League that relegation play-offs will be re-introduced.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
It might be but we won't really know as they are all throwing everything they've known out of the window and try to put in place the crazy theories devised by an inexperienced maverick manager

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
With a decent manager who knows, I would say it is definitely better than a relegation fighting squad.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
No chance, sign a decent centre forward and we should be strong enough for mid table but we are where we are for a reason.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Don't know about "strong enough" more like "can we set them up properly and play to their strengths". If I saw them at their best I could then answer the Q

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
No of course not.

BUT I honestly don't think we are that far off. Some big IFs..

IF we genuinely replace Ulloa with a striker who can hold up the ball AND is a good finisher. Just about everyone in the Champ plays with 1 big striker and 5 midfielders, we have to match that up to compete IMHO.

and IF we could get Stephens (and later March) fit

THEN a team of

Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Greer J Bennett
E Bennett (March) Ince Stephens Texeira Lualua
ADECENTBIGMAN

could compete with most in this league.

PG

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Delusional or a prophet? If we are on a the verge of signing an quality striker, then I will change my mind and say yes.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Well the chairman says it is, so who are we to question him on anything he believes and a lot of posters in the past have stated this on many occasions

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Where is the LMFAO option?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Next few weeks will answer that question. We have a whole series of difficult games coming up and could well be either mid table, or adrift.

So my answer is hahahahahahahahahahaha. Or No

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
TB is taking a massive gamble here hoping the Finn will turn it around. The question is although TB owns the club does he have the right to gamble with its Championship status? Without the fans the club is nothing and after years of watching us play the likes of Crewe and Southend, no disrespect to these clubs but I really dont want to go back to the lower leagues anytime soon.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Put yes as potentially could scrape in - the league is exceptionally tight and a good run of results from almost any team could push them up there. It'd be a bit of a surprise if it was us though - if he'd said 'almost good enough, but we need to add a couple' I'd have been more convinced.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here