Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom - Sami is here to stay

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
From today's Argus - Tony Bloom: Sami Hyypia is here to stay

Tony Bloom expects the Finn to be at the club "for many years to come".

"I have every faith with Sami and Nathan's coaching team and the players that we will come through and it will make us stronger."

"I'm absolutely loving being chairman of this great football club. I have absolutely no intention of selling. I think I will be here for many years to come."

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So basically Sami and Nathan will be sacked tomorrow, and Tony will have sold the club by the Fulham game.

Or at least that's how the neigh sayers will read it.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Let's be honest , the comments about Hyypia are pretty meaningless. If we are bottom of the table by Christmas do you think Bloom would be happy to keep faith? Nice to see that he has no intention of selling though, I doubt he would have said that unless he meant it.

220px-Train_wreck_at_Montparnasse_1895.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I'm sorry is this part of the in depth interview Naylor promised us on Sami and tomorrow the transfers....

If so that is nothing but sound bites, I mean what else can he say.... He can't say I think I made a boo boo, or he has two games to turn it round. Not the explosive no questions dodged interview I was expecting.

Nothing to see here.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
None of this suprises me. Whatever Bloom is really thinking he is hardly going to slag off his manager to a local paper.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
From today's Argus - Tony Bloom: Sami Hyypia is here to stay

Tony Bloom expects the Finn to be at the club "for many years to come".

"I have every faith with Sami and Nathan's coaching team and the players that we will come through and it will make us stronger."

"I'm absolutely loving being chairman of this great football club. I have absolutely no intention of selling. I think I will be here for many years to come."

Oh dear. And I thought TB knew something about football. Surely he can see that the current management setup of Hyppia and Jones isn't working? Just how does he think things are going to change in the weeks ahead? League 1 here we come I fear.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Oh dear. And I thought TB knew something about football. Surely he can see that the current management setup of Hyppia and Jones isn't working? Just how does he think things are going to change in the weeks ahead? League 1 here we come I fear.

What exactly were you expecting him to say? "Sami is a poor manager and I'm going to sack him soon"?

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
Back to the drawing board then.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is that the dreaded 'vote of confidence'?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What exactly were you expecting him to say? "Sami is a poor manager and I'm going to sack him soon"?

Not quite. But a sign that his patience was wearing thin with the current set up/results would have been encouraging.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looks like he has about 5 weeks then unless things turn around. As much as TB tries to be a good chairman it is all about results and bums on seats.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I got co-op pre paid funeral plans adverts on that page :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here