Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion skipper ready to fight to keep Scotland place [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
3299622.jpg

Gordon Greer hopes to keep his place in the Scotland side for the clash with Republic of Ireland on Friday

First published in Albion
Albion skipper Gordon Greer insists he will not give up his Scotland place without a fight.
Greer made his competitive debut for Scotland in their 2-2 draw with Poland last month in the absence of the injured Grant Hanley.
Hanley is fit again to face the Republic of Ireland in their European Championship qualifier at Celtic Park on Friday night but Greer hopes he did enough against Poland to persuade manager Gordon Strachan to stick with him.
Greer, pictured, said: “I was happy with how I performed against Poland but there’s competition for places. Everybody has a chance and when you get your opportunity it is up to you to take it. It’s just about doing my best in training, doing as well as I can and then it’s up to the manager.”
Greer has also brushed off criticism from Poland striker Robert Lewandowski who accused the Seagulls defender of committing a “brutal” tackle on him during the match in Warsaw. He said: “I didn’t think there was anything wrong with the tackle and neither did the referee.”

Send us your news, pictures and videos

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here