Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

With Video: Jimmy makes a Case for Albion to be nastier [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Jimmy Case fears Albion are too nice for their own good.
And the Seagulls' legend says they need the type of player he used to be.
Case had a reputation as a hard man during an illustrious playing career with Liverpool, Albion and Southampton.
He was at the Amex last night to sign copies of his new autobiography, appropriately called 'Hard Case'.
He had an edge to his game and was not afraid to engage in acts of skulduggery.
Case believes some of the darker arts have vanished on and off the field of play, to the detriment of clubs like Albion.
He told The Argus: "It's difficult now to be an enforcer as such but there are certain types of players I particularly like, Wanyama at Southampton, Tiote of Newcastle, we had Mascherano at Liverpool.
"They have limited ability in terms of passing but they have that other side to their game.

"You have got to try to get a nice blend and if you haven't got that type of player you should have one. Everybody should have one.
"We (Liverpool) lost ours last year and that was Jamie Carragher. We would have won the league if he was still there.
"I was talking to a Brighton supporter, because I meet them all over the place, and are they too nice as a club?
"Isn't their philosophy that they do everything by the book, whether it's the pay structure, Financial Fair Play?
"Who else follows that trend? As a player, if I had followed that trend I wouldn't have been as successful. I would bend the rules as far as they would go on the field of play.
"Clubs, who ever they may be, cloak and dagger, tapping players up, things like that, I am not saying Brighton should start doing that but Southampton have been like them over the years, a family club, Brighton a family club, too nice.
"Where you need a bit of a ruthless streak on the pitch, you need it off it as well. It's more about being a bit more streetwise, taking liberties.
"That's how you get on in the game to be honest. It's a cut-throat game, as we all know."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here