Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cat Question

All abuse and insults gratefully received.

I have an elderly moggy (18) who has up until a few weeks ago gladly gone outside to answer the calls of nature through the kitchen window, (no cat flap).

Just lately she has started to wee and a few days ago poo inside in the lounge, I've tried putting a litter tray down but she doesn't seem to want to use it.

Any advice?
[MENTION=4156]glasfryn[/MENTION]

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Give it to [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION].
They can both go out to the shed together.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
Hopefully not time to say goodbye as Uncle C suggests, but possibly a trip to the vets may be in order. Maybe she's just being a stubborn bitch, but maybe there might be more to it, worth checking. Good luck

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you putting litter in the litter tray, or soil? It may be that after using the garden for many years, she doesn't like the feel of litter under her paws.
I would also recommend going to the vet as she may have a water infection which is common in older cats.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
We've just lost a 16yo cat (who had 3 legs from birth) who had started to struggle with anything that wasn't on the flat about a year ago, I suspect that the drop from the kitchen window may be getting too much. Having 3 legs obviously accelerated the issue but at 18yo I'd suspect yours has a similar problem.

Trip to the vet's and I suspect that your cat will be put on Meloxicam (or similar). It's the ibuprofen of the cat world and at the age yours is, fairly normally to be taking daily.

As for a solution, if your cat knows no other way to go outside (other than the window) then I suspect that learning a new route is going to be difficult. You might be remodelling to put ramps/steps in!

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
Their might be another cat which is marking its territory round your house and your cat is afraid to go out .

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Our cat starting to wee inside, which she did not do before. Took her to the vets and it was a urine infection. A few antibiotics later and everything was back to normal. Worth getting your cat checked out.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Scrape her out. Stuff her with feathers. Da da! Nice pillow and a lovely reminder of who she once was.

Too far?

Are you putting litter in the litter tray, or soil? It may be that after using the garden for many years, she doesn't like the feel of litter under her paws.
I would also recommend going to the vet as she may have a water infection which is common in older cats.

Ooooh, that is a bloody good call.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Seriously though, our cat did this, took it to the vet some sort of infection a few tablets later and it was back to shitting in the neighbours borders.

Seriously though, our cat did this, took it to the vet some sort of infection a few tablets later and it was back to shitting in the neighbours borders.

My cat, after years of shitting in our neighbours, only shits on my bloody lawn.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here