Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I cannot afford to use Brighton Buses.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Fascinated to know what UNITE are holding out for! 2.5% increase, twice in a year, seems like a bloody good offer to me. Anyone know what the real story is because this cannot be about the pay offer!

[Oh.... and no-one at the B&H BC seems to have A-Levels maths... 2.5% in Jan and 2.5% in Jun is actually a little less than 4% over the year NOT over 5%, but then I still think 4% is a good deal at the moment.]

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
As per usual I shall support the strikers. (I might try and find out the cause later if I can be bothered). Can't blame them. They see all the profits generated by the rise in Brighton bus use and they want their share.

As per usual I shall support the strikers. (I might try and find out the cause later if I can be bothered). Can't blame them. They see all the profits generated by the rise in Brighton bus use and they want their share.
As Neil Kinnock's dad once said ... Anyone can support the union when they are right. You also need to support the union when they are wrong.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Isn't most of that use by pensioners with free bus passes and kids with free bus passes? I find them too expensive to use!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are bus drivers still treated like serfs during their first two years in the job ?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Isn't most of that use by pensioners with free bus passes and kids with free bus passes? I find them too expensive to use!

Those profits are being eroded year on year by reductions from central government to local authorities to fund concessionary travel and cuts to the Bus Service Operator Grant which allows a percentage rebate on fuel duty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here