Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Emmanuel Adebayor -Tottenham afraid to play at home

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Remind you of anything?

The negative atmosphere created by Tottenham's fans at their White Hart Lane home is damaging the players' confidence, says Emmanuel Adebayor.
Spurs were booed during and after Sunday's 2-1 home defeat by Stoke and have lost four of their six home games in the Premier League this season.
"It might be better to play away at the moment," said Spurs striker Adebayor.
"At least you know you are going to be having the majority of opposition fans booing, rather than our own fans."

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Nope.

If anything, I don't think there has been that much negative atmosphere at the Amex at all. Given the slip down the leagues, I'd say we've been rather patient.

Can't speak for Spurs fans as I don't go there. I'm sure expectations are high there. Perhaps Adebayor should do what he is paid to do and stick the ball in the net a few times.

CoachVealie

Sep 19, 2011
I was there. The booing was pretty restrained tbh. They played awesomely loud music at the final whistle to drown out the boos. I think that is the blue-print now for all struggling clubs. Just the fans are filling their lungs for a good go the music comes on VERY VERY LOUD. That bit was funny!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Nope.

If anything, I don't think there has been that much negative atmosphere at the Amex at all. Given the slip down the leagues, I'd say we've been rather patient.
I'd agree with that, support has been reasonable considering the form of the team.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Nope.

Can't speak for Spurs fans as I don't go there. I'm sure expectations are high there. Perhaps Adebayor should do what he is paid to do and stick the ball in the net a few times.

That's funny, I could swear I heard Jakey being berrated to **** when he mis-kicked his cross next to the north stand on saturday. Plus boos recently at the final whistle. Must just be my hearing.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
That's funny, I could swear I heard Jakey being berrated to **** when he mis-kicked his cross next to the north stand on saturday. Plus boos recently at the final whistle. Must just be my hearing.

Are you talking about when JFC tackled himself? I'd expect any player buffooning it in that manner when we are chasing a win and failing to penetrate a defence to be given a hard time.

As for boos, no, I haven't heard any spectacular booing to date. Given that we've dropped from strong contenders "with a squad that the supporters will be very happy with" to looking over our shoulder at a relegation berth, I'd say the crowd has bit its tongue to date.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I'm happy to accept responsibility for a lot of things but of all the things that might be impacting the performance of our team and the crap results I'm very happy to acknowledge that I'm not one of them.

Nor do I believe any supporter should be made to feel responsible no matter how critical they are ... Adebayor = talk bollox

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
1. Never in the history of British football has so big a transfer budget been squandered so badly as Spurs with the Bale money. We're not talking disappointing, we're talking shocking players - Fazio, Chiriches, Capoue, Soldado - and frustratingly inconsistent players - Eriksen, Chadli, Paulinho.

2. Therefore, their fans have every right to boo as loud as they want.

3. Tim Sherwood's stock must be rising with every passing week. He must be doubly encouraged now that even Moyes has landed a decent job.

4. Adebayor is doing what he has always done - mail in the performances once he's signed a new, fat contract.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Are you talking about when JFC tackled himself? I'd expect any player buffooning it in that manner when we are chasing a win and failing to penetrate a defence to be given a hard time.

As for boos, no, I haven't heard any spectacular booing to date. Given that we've dropped from strong contenders "with a squad that the supporters will be very happy with" to looking over our shoulder at a relegation berth, I'd say the crowd has bit its tongue to date.

This with BELLS ON

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
1. Never in the history of British football has so big a transfer budget been squandered so badly as Spurs with the Bale money. We're not talking disappointing, we're talking shocking players - Fazio, Chiriches, Capoue, Soldado - and frustratingly inconsistent players - Eriksen, Chadli, Paulinho.

2. Therefore, their fans have every right to boo as loud as they want.

3. Tim Sherwood's stock must be rising with every passing week. He must be doubly encouraged now that even Moyes has landed a decent job.

4. Adebayor is doing what he has always done - mail in the performances once he's signed a new, fat contract.

You forgot to add,

5, Complete lack of consistency with results, they can look world beaters in the Europa League and usually choke the very next Premiership game. I know as I have continued with either Lamela or Eriksen in my Fantasy team, much to my cost. doh !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here