Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gig Tickets

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Anyone got any experience of trying to buy tickets online for concerts in foreign countries? Australia in particular would be really helpful.......

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Anyone got any experience of trying to buy tickets online for concerts in foreign countries? Australia in particular would be really helpful.......

Yes, not Australia but have bought tickets online before for gigs in France and New Zealand. No real difference in purchasing or receiving to buying for tickets in this country, Two were print at home, two were collect from venue box office. The only hassle was with the French gig - AC/DC in Nice - where everybody who'd ordered online for a gig in a football stadium, whether from abroad or domestically, had to collect physical tickets from one small box office with four counter staff on the day of the gig, resulting in a queue that took almost 2 hours to get to the front. That was four years ago, so I hope nobody does it like that any more.

The other collect from box office - Them Crooked Vultures in Wellington - was a breeze because that wasn't the only option and didn't have to be done on the day. I picked them up on my day of arrival in Wellington.

The only other very small negative side to it is having to register with a foreign ticket agent who you might not be using ever again or for many years. The gigs helped make my holidays in both cases.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Yes, not Australia but have bought tickets online before for gigs in France and New Zealand. No real difference in purchasing or receiving to buying for tickets in this country, Two were print at home, two were collect from venue box office. The only hassle was with the French gig - AC/DC in Nice - where everybody who'd ordered online for a gig in a football stadium, whether from abroad or domestically, had to collect physical tickets from one small box office with four counter staff on the day of the gig, resulting in a queue that took almost 2 hours to get to the front. That was four years ago, so I hope nobody does it like that any more.

The other collect from box office - Them Crooked Vultures in Wellington - was a breeze because that wasn't the only option and didn't have to be done on the day. I picked them up on my day of arrival in Wellington.

The only other very small negative side to it is having to register with a foreign ticket agent who you might not be using ever again or for many years. The gigs helped make my holidays in both cases.
Thank you sir. Have registered with 2 agencies, got the ubiquitous 'presale' codes, fingers crossed!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Four tickets obtained for The Etihad Stadium..........Melbourne!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Foo Fighters! Well I luv 'em anyway.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
No, I was already going to be there. Really looking forward to this as I think Wembley Stadium is gash as a music venue, just hope Melbourne is better.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Stadium gigs are what they are sadly. It's not bad as stadiums go though according to my relatives out there . Are you missing much footy for your trip

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here