Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

simple song for Barber and Burke......

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Where has Everybody Gone? - The Pretenders.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
What's Barber done wrong exactly?

As the champion of FFP, has let himself and the 6 clubs that stood strong down, when voting for the new ‘Profitability and Sustainability’ regulations.
After all the talk about the league standing strong on punishments he does a back flip.
So no more excuses for FFP as a reason to raise season ticket prices.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

As the champion of FFP, has let himself and the 6 clubs that stood strong down, when voting for the new ‘Profitability and Sustainability’ regulations.
After all the talk about the league standing strong on punishments he does a back flip.
So no more excuses for FFP as a reason to raise season ticket prices.
You do realise this was a decision of the Board on which Paul Barber has one vote (as do the other nine members)?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
You do realise this was a decision of the Board on which Paul Barber has one vote (as do the other nine members)?

Don't place your reality in the path of others prejudices!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No he has just employed a new suit all the way from Canada to do this part of his job. How much is he going to cost us season ticket holders?

Mr Beirne has an account on here - [MENTION=29682]Paulbeirne[/MENTION]

You can ask the "Canadian suit" directly.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Mr Beirne has an account on here - [MENTION=29682]Paulbeirne[/MENTION]

You can ask the "Canadian suit" directly.

I don't need to know that is the clubs issue. but we make signings of suits but not players and if my ST goes up then it won't be renewed.

Still makes the club look bad after all the press comments they have made in the past. And surely as our expert on the subject the board take his advice or not?

1) If you say so but I'd expect the Board to have considered any potential PR implications as part of the decision making process.
2) I've never seen Paul Barber either claim to be or described as an expert on FFP? Why would you need one, it's not difficult to understand?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am so pleased to hear you think everything is under control at the club financially then. And we can now join others in increasing the debts that FFP, I believe rightly or wrongly, was designed to reduce.

I am so pleased to hear you think everything is under control at the club financially then. And we can now join others in increasing the debts that FFP, I believe rightly or wrongly, was designed to reduce.

1) How do you come to this conclusion about my thoughts?
2) FFP in the Championship doesn't reduce debt, it's designed to limit loss.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I don't need to know that is the clubs issue. but we make signings of suits but not players and if my ST goes up then it won't be renewed.

So... the club employs a person to fill a vacant role who has been brought in to attract hundreds of thousands, if not millions in revenue, and you're worried that purely in employing that person, your season ticket price will go up...?

Got you.

Have you considered the prospect that, should your season ticket cost go up, there might be other factors in play here?

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
So... the club employs a person to fill a vacant role who has been brought in to attract hundreds of thousands, if not millions in revenue, and you're worried that purely in employing that person, your season ticket price will go up...?

Got you.

Have you considered the prospect that, should your season ticket cost go up, there might be other factors in play here?

Of course there are other reasons that could contribute to increases and my saying I will not renew if it goes up, comes from a long line of things that have happened in the past seasons, that have if you like are contributing to killing my Albion mojo.
We have Barber on about how important for player purchases that the supporters turn up and buy pies and pints so the club can afford to strengthen.
We now have a new suit here to maximise mine and others match day experience and make sure we fill the stadium. Well I can tell him how to make my match day experience perfect and that is to have a decent squad playing good football (win or lose) to make me want to come back. If the club don't realise that this is only way of making sure fans turn up and no amount of jazz hands or bandstands really matter to the true fan, then gawd help us. And as a side issue, how many pies and pints do we have to eat and drink to pay this guys money before we start putting it into the player fund. No wonder we are losing £1 million a month.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here