Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagulls search for a striker ,,comments by S H.

Bucharest49

May 12, 2014
Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia says he may have to bide his time as he looks to bolster his forward line.
Only four Championship clubs have scored fewer than the 17 goals the Seagulls have managed in their 17 league games this season.
"It is very difficult to bring in someone with the kind of quality that we need," Hyypia told BBC Sussex.
"If we need to wait for the right one until January then we will, and try to work on the players we have."
The main three strikers Brighton have used so far this season - Sam Baldock, Craig Mackail-Smith and Chris O'Grady - have only scored four goals between them while forward Adrian Colunga has chipped in with two goals.
Brighton's strikers fail to fire
Sam Baldock: 10 appearances (one as sub), one goal
Adrian Colunga: 13 appearances (four as sub), two goals
Craig Mackail-Smith: 15 appearances (six as sub), three goals
Chris O'Grady: 11 appearances (three as sub), no goals
"We can't bring similar players to what we already have," Hyypia, 41, added.
"We need to find somebody or something else which we don't have."
The Sussex side have won one of their last 13 games in the Championship and are currently one point above the relegation zone.
Asked if Brighton could wait until January to bolster their attack, the Finn replied: "It's not up to me.
"If it happens as soon as possible, that would be great.
"But if it doesn't we can't rush things. We need to get one in but we need to wait for the right one."
Brighton already have six players on loan, one more than the number allowed in a match-day squad.
Brighton manager Sami Hyypia:
"We have a few days off now and with the difficult time we are going through, sometimes it is good to have a mental break and think of something else for a while."
However, keeper Ali Al-Habsi, utility man Greg Halford and winger Elliott Bennett are all at the Amex on one-month loan deals, allowing Hyypia some leeway should he bring in another player on a short-term contact.
In the meantime, the former Liverpool defender and ex-Bayer Leverkusen boss is keen to work with his current forwards during the international break.
"I think repetition for scoring goals is very important," he said.
"You need to make sure you concentrate on it in training - not close your eyes and hit it as hard as your can. You don't have to break the net.
"We have a few days off now and with the difficult time we are going through, sometimes it is good to have a mental break and think of something else for a while.
"Maybe then your head is in a better state to work on the training pitch. Hopefully one of them gets the confidence to put the ball in the back of the net."

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
What a complete and utter shambles. When it comes to signing and building a decent Championship squad we don't appear to have a scooby. How depressing. And Sami's pathetic ramblings to the press only make things worse.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's very De Ja Vu - difficult to find a decent available striker ? Hopefully we'll get one in January ? History really does repeat itself.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Doesn't sound very promising and the more I read SH's thoughts the more I worry about us this season. Is he more interesting or inspiring in the flesh?

flying high

May 12, 2009
Christian Vieri, Adrian Mutu and Gabriel Batistuta are all due to sign next week till the end of the season. Flying High AKA Bens Grandad told me via a PM.

Thats not true as you well know. Had I sent you a pm you would know that me and BG are not one and the same person. Unfortunately some on here would not share uour sense of humour.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I know it's been said many times before (including by me), but a certain striker with a good goal scoring record (name of Murray) was available to go out on loan a couple of months back. Did we attempt to get him back to Brighton? It appears not. Unforgiveable.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The whole of the world to pick from and we cant sign one decent prospect of a striker, Newcastle picked up a gem from Tenerife for £1.5m for example would no doubt scored plenty in the Championship. Sort the scouting system out Barber and stop worrying about selling over priced pies.

Brighton & Hove Albion boss Sami Hyypia says he may have to bide his time as he looks to bolster his forward line.
Only four Championship clubs have scored fewer than the 17 goals the Seagulls have managed in their 17 league games this season.
"It is very difficult to bring in someone with the kind of quality that we need," Hyypia told BBC Sussex.
"If we need to wait for the right one until January then we will, and try to work on the players we have."
The main three strikers Brighton have used so far this season - Sam Baldock, Craig Mackail-Smith and Chris O'Grady - have only scored four goals between them while forward Adrian Colunga has chipped in with two goals.
Brighton's strikers fail to fire
Sam Baldock: 10 appearances (one as sub), one goal
Adrian Colunga: 13 appearances (four as sub), two goals
Craig Mackail-Smith: 15 appearances (six as sub), three goals
Chris O'Grady: 11 appearances (three as sub), no goals
"We can't bring similar players to what we already have," Hyypia, 41, added.
"We need to find somebody or something else which we don't have."
The Sussex side have won one of their last 13 games in the Championship and are currently one point above the relegation zone.
Asked if Brighton could wait until January to bolster their attack, the Finn replied: "It's not up to me.
"If it happens as soon as possible, that would be great.
"But if it doesn't we can't rush things. We need to get one in but we need to wait for the right one."
Brighton already have six players on loan, one more than the number allowed in a match-day squad.
Brighton manager Sami Hyypia:
"We have a few days off now and with the difficult time we are going through, sometimes it is good to have a mental break and think of something else for a while."
However, keeper Ali Al-Habsi, utility man Greg Halford and winger Elliott Bennett are all at the Amex on one-month loan deals, allowing Hyypia some leeway should he bring in another player on a short-term contact.
In the meantime, the former Liverpool defender and ex-Bayer Leverkusen boss is keen to work with his current forwards during the international break.
"I think repetition for scoring goals is very important," he said.
"You need to make sure you concentrate on it in training - not close your eyes and hit it as hard as your can. You don't have to break the net.
"We have a few days off now and with the difficult time we are going through, sometimes it is good to have a mental break and think of something else for a while.
"Maybe then your head is in a better state to work on the training pitch. Hopefully one of them gets the confidence to put the ball in the back of the net."

Sounds like a manager blaming his tools!:moo:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here