• Loath him

Votes: 11 18.0%

• Total voters

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Seems to be the ultimate marmite player at the moment. Some love him, some loath him, which camp are you in?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How anyone can loathe him is beyond me.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
How anyone can loathe him is beyond me.

Because utter dickheads with very little in their life to offer them any happiness prefer to derive pleasure from directing bile and abuse at our own players, possibly in an attempt to make themselves feel somehow knowledgeable and/or superior. They have to have SOMEBODY in the squad to hate. They tend to pick a very capable and decent player, doing a good job for his team, and contributing week in week out, rather than a joke of a player like Harley, Dobbie or Agustien, who bleed money out of our club and avoid criticism because they give so few shits about actually playing football that they never even make the 18.

For reference, see Dicker, Gary; Noone, Craig; and Barnes, Ashley.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Because utter dickheads with very little in their life to offer them any happiness prefer to derive pleasure from directing bile and abuse at our own players, possibly in an attempt to make themselves feel somehow knowledgeable and/or superior. They have to have SOMEBODY in the squad to hate. They tend to pick a very capable and decent player, doing a good job for his team, and contributing week in week out, rather than a joke of a player like Harley, Dobbie or Agustien, who bleed money out of our club and avoid criticism because they give so few shits about actually playing football that they never even make the 18.

For reference, see Dicker, Gary; Noone, Craig; and Barnes, Ashley.

Well said mate. You can add Lopez to that list.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Got to love the fella. Bet he is embarrassed by the outside of the club shop though. Good looking bloke.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What a stupid thread......I don't rate him but would love to be proved wrong and see him improve with us and impose himself a bit more on games.why would anyone loathe him though?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
What a stupid thread......I don't rate him but would love to be proved wrong and see him improve with us and impose himself a bit more on games.why would anyone loathe him though?

I do rate him, but I think the point you make about imposing himself is fair. Question for you though - do you think that could be because of the midfield system we play?

I'm looking forward to seeing him with another season and a half under his belt, what a player he could become.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
He's a young, talented player, produced at the club and holding down a place in the starting XI. What's not to like?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very good player who will go onto player higher than the championship, but I wouldn't say I love him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good player with lots of potential, does a lot of unseen stuff in the middle (dirty work) and most importantly gets a huge amount of completely unwarranted abuse from his own fans, including on here in my view. There are a couple (husband and wife I assume) near the front of WSL (North West corner) who scream abuse at him every time he gets the ball. It's embarrassing, it really is.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I thought he was rather lightweight earlier in the season but I think his game continues to improve. I'm all for giving him a chance. It's not as if we're going full tilt at promotion, is it?

Really can't see the point in the binary "love" or "loath" (sic) poll.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Like many didn't rate Ashley Barnes - now scoring in the Premier League!

Watched MotD with my 8 yr old son Sunday morning…
Burnley v Hull highlights
"hang on, didn't Ashley Barnes play for us?"
"yes"
"what, why the hell did will sell him?"
"because we didn't think it was worth paying him anymore"
"so we pay Colunga, Baldock and O'Grady instead!?"
"er, yeah, that's what the club thought was best"
"well, that's just stupid"
"you said it, not to mention that other striker we let go as well…"

JFC is a good little player. He's out performed the rest of the midfield for consistency this season, and is progressing really well. As a club we seem to have a habit of underrating our younger players. Elphick and Cook for example don't look the 'League One' players many people thought they were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here