Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paddy the New Football Genius

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
No. Paddy is brilliant. He's just had his confidence destroyed by Hyypia sniping at his defensive ability, then not giving him a league start.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Seems to me that most have a misguided view that he is a rare talent and changes games. No sign that this is true yet sadly.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Seems to me that most have a misguided view that he is a rare talent and changes games. No sign that this is true yet sadly.

Very much this, doesn't work anywhere near hard enough and the vast majority of the stuff he tries doesn't come off. Yes will create the occasional moment of excitement but that's really all he brings to the table.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Watch him warm up.....either during pre-match routines or when gently ambling up and down the line during the game.......never seen anyone look so lazy or disinterested

Seems like a bit of an enigma of a player - obviously has massive amounts of natural talent (we've seen one or two glimpses, including a mazy run into the box yesterday) but he can also appear away with the fairies (also seen yesterday)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
If Mccourt had played 90 mins we would of won, trouble is he just gets used to the pace of the game and the final whistle blows. VERY FRUSTRATING HYPIA.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Watch him warm up.....either during pre-match routines or when gently ambling up and down the line during the game.......never seen anyone look so lazy or disinterested

Seems like a bit of an enigma of a player - obviously has massive amounts of natural talent (we've seen one or two glimpses, including a mazy run into the box yesterday) but he can also appear away with the fairies (also seen yesterday)
Bang On ... it's apparent he has talent but it's bottled up ..
all we can hope for is that the pressures up and he explodes into an amazing performance that leaves us all dumbfounded😃😃😃

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Bang On ... it's apparent he has talent but it's bottled up ..
all we can hope for is that the pressures up and he explodes into an amazing performance that leaves us all dumbfounded

It's been 'bottled up' for 10 years... He is what he is, rare flashes of brilliance but otherwise very mediocre.

phonetichalo

Feb 17, 2009
Argentina
Just play McCourt, Paddy McCourt, I just don't think you understand.........

Its hard to know what he is or will be unless he plays some games.

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Oh dear, we're even arguing over Paddy now... this punter's perspective is that on his day, Paddy can produce magic that you'll never forget, a rare thing indeed and something I long to see at the Amex and rarely do - okay, the fellow-fans I know are pretty much all sentimental football romantics with a soft spot for mavericks and they all love him. Aside from all being Albion fans, I'd guess we'd have **** all in common with the punters who've judged Paddy to be a lazy, over-rated ****... ho hum

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
In that case he should be starting every match for us at the moment!

I would like to see him start if only because I doubt he could be any less effective than those who are starting ahead of him. Sadly, I also think he is unlikely to be any more effective.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just play McCourt, Paddy McCourt, I just don't think you understand.........

Its hard to know what he is or will be unless he plays some games.

10 years of pretty solid evidence of exactly what he is, lazy and inconsistent.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Sami should play him from the start.

That way we can truly see how much of a saviour he really is and we need never idolise him again.

Then again, I'd rather him play than poxy Gardner.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here