Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Noisiest two minutes silence ever

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I witnessed what must have been the noisiest two minutes "silence" ever down at the Old Steine War Memorial this morning.

Never seen so many people down there either.

The bugler pays the Last Post and then to herald the two minutes silence they set off the cannon - Boom !

At which point a two or three hundred Seagulls jump out the trees and give it major squawking for the full two minutes until the cannon goes off again.

No respect those Seagulls

:ohmy:

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
I witnessed what must have been the noisiest two minutes "silence" ever down at the Old Steine War Memorial this morning.

The bugler pays the Last Post and then to herald the two minutes silence they set off the cannon - Boom !

At which point a two or three hundred Seagulls jump out the trees and give it major squawking for the full two minutes until the cannon goes off again.

Atrocious behaviour!

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
They are indeed the most disrespectful of creatures. Once the events are over they will doubtless return to give their opinion on the memorial itself.

http://brightonlines.wordpress.com/2014/02/16/those-pesky-seagulls/

001 (11) Other.jpg

Gathering to make their plans for town wide domination.

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I thought it was a pretty moving tribute from the feathered residents of Brighton and Hove. Many things have changed in the 100 years since many of the Sussex men left the coast for Flanders, many never to return. I'm sure on those days a hundred years ago the men could hear the noise of the seagulls ringing in their ears. A fitting tribute....the sound of our City.

A new plague has been laid near the War Memorial in respect of Theodore Wright VC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Wright

devonsi

"By-The-Sea"
Dec 26, 2008
Plymouth

Hes having a go at the Birds now... 😉

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here