Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion FA Cup humiliation.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just watching the rolling coverage on the beeb got me thinking, and I can just see a minnow coming down to us in the 3rd round & filling their boots. A south stand packed with away fans going mental, you just know it's going to happen. We're ripe for picking.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Just watching the rolling coverage on the beeb got me thinking, and I can just see a minnow coming down to us in the 3rd round & filling their boots. A south stand packed with away fans going mental, you just know it's going to happen. We're ripe for picking.

I'm convinced if we have an easy draw we can still get three points from it though ((c) Ashley Barnes)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
True , but it's not THAT big an issue this season - concerntrating on the league

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Kingstonian, the ducks of Sudbury, the Leatherhead Lip, it's happened before it will happen again.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
I think this will be our finest hour.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We will beat a League Two team in spectacularly unspectacular fashion, providing a statbreaker for the terminally over-optimistic as part of a 10-game run in which we draw eight and lose two (incredibly unlucky defeats, hinting at an imminent turning of the turgid tide). Our glorious leaders will respond to the win by backing Sami for another hundred transfer windows, convincing themselves they can persuade the league to award two points for a draw alongside enforcing FFP regulations. I'll be there and it will probably be cold and take ages to get home.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
This is what TB has been counting on, double points in the FA Cup keeping Sami in his job.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
It will be live on TV which means the gate will be 5000 away fans and 10000 home. Is the auto cup ticket scheme in operation?
Got to be honest, I am waiting for the panic in both our fans and Sussex Police when we get a BIG club in the FA Cup. Could be this season, could be further down the line, but nearly 5,000 away fans will see a marvellous Keystone Cops re-enactment.

downham seagull

Dec 6, 2012
Norfolk

How can you be so sure? Wins against Swindon, Cheltenham & Burton in the Lesgue Cup prove your theory is utter rubbish.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
How can you be so sure? Wins against Swindon, Cheltenham & Burton in the Lesgue Cup prove your theory is utter rubbish.

Just an opinion. We shall see. I can imagine fans of non league or lower league clubs drawing us at our place being bang up for it & have every right to fancy a result given our form. Our style isn't exactly difficult to work out.

1234andcounting

Mar 31, 2008
Well, we are due after the past five seasons. Only put out of the FA Cup by Premier League sides in that time in rounds 4,5,5,4,5

Not spectacular by some standards, but by the mediocre cup tradition of the Albion something to reflect on.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
They were not given nearly 5k tickets as I remember?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3 words

King
ston
&
ian.

Steve351

Aug 30, 2012
Durrington
All treat yourselves to the excellent book ' Football's Giant Killers ' of which Brighton have several entries and write ups of the games. 28th Nov 1973 Brighton 0 Walton & Hersham 4. 4th Jan 1975 Brighton 0 -Leatherhead 1, and on 14th Jan 1914 Brighton 1 - Oldham Athletic 0 [top team in those days] after drawing the first game at Boundary Park! Even we can be Giant Killers. The author of this book Derek Watts is also a STH in upper east stand and sits next to me.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Cool, I'll have a look for that!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here