Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC FA Cup coverage this afternoon

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
It's brilliant. Essentially just a rolling, SkySports style news feed of goals and discussion, but it's great to see all the lower league and non-league clubs getting a showing. Lots of textbook ramshackle grounds, crap pitches, playground football, and no little controversy.

The BBC are making a great job of it, and bringing a bit of joy back to the early rounds. Makes such a refreshing change to the cynicism of the later rounds these days. And also to having ITV's dismal coverage.

Ones to watch at the moment: Pompey v Aldershot (currently 1-1), Coventry v Worcester City (0-1, Coventry's keeper sent off for violent conduct), Stevenage v Maidstone (0-0). Loads of empty seats at Fratton Park, apart from in the sold-out away end. Thought that might have been relatively attractive to Pompey fans, seeing as it's quite a local tie. Think Pompey charged full price though, which might account for most of the stayaways.

Marvellous scenes :clap:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Agreed. Would love to see them making a real effort to get the FA Cup back where it belongs but I'm guessing already that the final won't be the only game of the day at 3pm on a Saturday?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Agreed. Would love to see them making a real effort to get the FA Cup back where it belongs but I'm guessing already that the final won't be the only game of the day at 3pm on a Saturday?

I think that ship has sailed. But at least there's some pleasure (for us football nerds at least) in the early rounds with coverage like this.

Oooh, another goal for Worcester at Coventry, now 2-0. Coventry's pitch looks SHOCKING, you'd think it was being played at Worcester.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Sadly correct :(

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why are so many first round games being played on a Sunday, can understand Notts County as Forest were at home yesterday, but the others?

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Been great so far. Highlight was probably Robbie Savage and his Castrati Commentary.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Why are so many first round games being played on a Sunday, can understand Notts County as Forest were at home yesterday, but the others?

I wondered that, but maybe it's because the BBC wanted to cover so many games? Can't imagine it's for policing issues, say, as Pompey and Gosport are both at home today.

Pompey have just gone 2-1 down to Aldershot. Bahahahaha.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Looking forward to the Monday night draw program on bbc 2 tomorrow.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Pompey 2 Aldershot 2

Pompey down to 10 men now

#twats

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
It's brilliant. Essentially just a rolling, SkySports style news feed of goals and discussion, but it's great to see all the lower league and non-league clubs getting a showing. Lots of textbook ramshackle grounds, crap pitches, playground football, and no little controversy.

The BBC are making a great job of it, and bringing a bit of joy back to the early rounds. Makes such a refreshing change to the cynicism of the later rounds these days. And also to having ITV's dismal coverage.

Ones to watch at the moment: Pompey v Aldershot (currently 1-1), Coventry v Worcester City (0-1, Coventry's keeper sent off for violent conduct), Stevenage v Maidstone (0-0). Loads of empty seats at Fratton Park, apart from in the sold-out away end. Thought that might have been relatively attractive to Pompey fans, seeing as it's quite a local tie. Think Pompey charged full price though, which might account for most of the stayaways.

Marvellous scenes :clap:

Yep. Hope they do this for the later rounds. Though I guess that would mean lots of Sunday kick offs. I don't think they are allowed to show that many goals that quickly on Saturday?

Last edited:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Its easy to get the "romance" back. For a start make it the last game of the domestic season again (other than play offs) and 3pm ko. We will never have endless replays etc but stop putting it in the middle of a prem league programme.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Its easy to get the "romance" back. For a start make it the last game of the domestic season again (other than play offs) and 3pm ko. We will never have endless replays etc but stop putting it in the middle of a prem league programme.

Yes. And the whole of Saturday Superstore/ Swapshop dedicated to it.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
According to the BBC online pages, Gosport Borough and Colchester United played out a thrilling 6-3 draw.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here