Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Paul Ince playing the race card

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
On Goals on Sunday, Paul Ince reckons his 'CV is better than most' but he doesn't even get offered interviews simply because he is black.

Is there anyone that doesn't think this is utter horseshit? I'm sure it can't be anything to do with the fact that he is a terrible manager that has barely lasted more than a season in any job and has an unenviable record of failure, not to mention the stadium ban he got last year for shoving an official and calling him a canute.

Last edited:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Yep, agree.

The self styled ' guvner' Always pulled the race card out when he can't get a job.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He's an abysmal manager. He hasn't achieved anything of note since he retired as a player (unless I missed something?)

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
On Goals on Sunday, Paul Ince reckons his 'CV is better than most' but he doesn't even get offered interviews simply because he is black.

Is there anyone that doesn't think this is utter horseshit? I'm sure it can't be anything to do with the fact that he is a terrible manager that has barely lasted more than a season in any job and has an unenviable record of failure, not to mention the stadium ban he got last year for shoving an official and calling him a canute.
Yep the good old race card A...He's had numerous chances and he's been shite and not good enough.In a way he's being racist as you wouldn't get away with it if it was the other way round.

Same old same old

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
fa0bpg.jpg

Also, I can't believe none of the producers had a word about the way he was sat :lolol:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Just incase anyone has forgotten, here are some choice quotes from wikipedia (his page for some reason doesn't include the normal win% stats, I wonder why....)

At Blackburn: "After winning just three games in 17, Ince was sacked on 16 December 2008 after just six months in charge."

Then at Notts County: "On 3 April 2011 he left the club by mutual consent after losing a club record nine games in a row, including a 2–0 defeat to relegation rivals Oldham Athletic the day before."

Then at Blackpool: "Ince left Blackpool on 21 January 2014, after less than a year in charge. Under his management, Blackpool won 12 out of 42 games and had not won since 30 November 2013."

He's had a single good season at MK Dons in League 2, saved Macclesfield from relegation (JUST!) and finished midtable in league 1 with MK Dons. He thinks he has a good record as a manager :lolol:

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
he's an awful manager, his record speaks for itself, plus he had that ban at Blackpool for threatening an official if i remember correctly

thats probably the reason why

seems like exactly his character to blame it on race, though

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
This is why I am against the implementation of the Rooney Rule. I genuinely believe it will have no effect whatsoever in football. If a managers credentials and cv are good enough, he will get a job. Under the Rooney rule, all that would happen is Ince would be granted an interview "because we have to", then not be given the job.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
This wouldn't be the same Paul Ince who refused to meet Dick Knight when we were looking to replace Mickey Adams Mk2 would it?

As poor as an idea the Rooney Rule is I feel given the ultra PC we live in it is almost inevitable it will end up being introduced before long. So with it in operation Chris Hughton (for example) would've been 'interviewed' by Man United when they were looking to replace Moyes. A total waste of everyone's time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

In this instance I think the reason he doesn't get interviews is because he has spent decades demonstrating he's a complete bell-end.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
He's an abysmal manager. He hasn't achieved anything of note since he retired as a player (unless I missed something?)

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
He is like Roy Keane as a manager but not as good. Best Keane can get is an assistant manager job at a lowly premiership team. That's about Ince's level. Why does he think he deserves more than that?

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I wouldn't trust the geezer to run a bath let alone a football team. A complete train wreck of a manager nothing at all to do with race.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
This is why I am against the implementation of the Rooney Rule. I genuinely believe it will have no effect whatsoever in football. If a managers credentials and cv are good enough, he will get a job. Under the Rooney rule, all that would happen is Ince would be granted an interview "because we have to", then not be given the job.

Do you know how black managers there are? I think the point is that there are plenty of black players in this country and no doubt coaches, but that does not translate into managers. in order to be a crap manager like Ince, you have to be given a chance and there are not enough being given that chance. Yes he is crap but then how many other black managers get a chance

Last edited:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Do you know how black managers there are? I think the point is that there are plenty of black players in this country and no doubt coaches, but that does not translate into managers. in order to be a crap manager like Ince, you have to be given a chance and there are not enough being given that chance. Yes he is crap but then how many other black managers get a chance
How many apply?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here