Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Outs and Ins in January

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We've had a few in the past couple of seasons, and I don't think this year will be any different. 7 more games for us until the January window opens; what do we reckon?

For me, the outs:

COG - It's just not worked out for him, but reckon he'll still get goals at this level for someone.
Toko - No idea why, but he's just not rated. I'd be surprised if he's not picked up on a free based on the fact that he's been playing at a decent level in Switzerland.
CMS - Just for the fact that we're unlikely to offer him a new deal that's as much as other clubs will offer, and it's the last chance to get some money for him.

Ins:

E Bennet on a permanent deal
A back up centre half to cover injuries and suspensions to Greer, Dunk and Hughes - not Halford; apparently he's one of Forrest's high earners!
A bruising centre forward with a nasty streak about him - probably scouting Lg 1 and European leagues as we speak.

On the outs, I wish we could add Agustien to the list. What an absolute waste of space and money. I hope he gets what he deserves when looking for a new club in the summer.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Wouldn't be too disappointed with that :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Out Dunk - around £5m

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think having Elliott Bennett back on a permanent would be wishful thinking. Would the player be prepared to drop his Premier League sized wages?

Even if they have been reduced by relegation, they are probably still well beyond what we could afford to pay him.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think having Elliott Bennett back on a permanent would be wishful thinking. Would the player be prepared to drop his Premier League sized wages?

Even if they have been reduced by relegation, they are probably still well beyond what we could afford to pay him.
When was his current contract signed, and when does it end? Norwich are a well run club and the wouldn't want hold on to (and pay 10-20k a week) a player that isn't in the manager's first team squad every week. Maybe wishful thinking, but I reckon we could match his wages if the transfer fee wasn't excessive.

Beach Seagull

Jan 2, 2010
Out: Hyypia

In: McDermot

Probably......

I've never understood why McDermot is so highly rated. To be his entire managerial reputation was built on a freakish run of good results in the second half of the 2011-12 season at Reading. Since then not a great deal. He always comes across to me as very dull and uninspiring. But if he does come to us and does well I will happily issue my apologies.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Outs: Dunk, Walton, LuaLua and anyone else that's worth any money to balance Barber's books.

Ins: Two or three Lower League Burke options, maybe with some League One experience if we're lucky.

Country Seagull

Jan 11, 2013
When was his current contract signed, and when does it end? Norwich are a well run club and the wouldn't want hold on to (and pay 10-20k a week) a player that isn't in the manager's first team squad every week. Maybe wishful thinking, but I reckon we could match his wages if the transfer fee wasn't excessive.

I think his contract runs out this summer, so there's a good chance of him signing, though we do have a habit of failing to permanently sign impressive loanees.

Edit: Oh well http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11709/8930557/premier-league-norwich-city-midfielder-elliott-bennett-signs-contract-extension

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Hopefully we can somehow offload Agustien, who I believe is one of our top five earners, and get a fee for CMS before he leaves on a free in the summer. O'Grady seems to be a write-off and think the club may also be tempted to offload Kaz as well with his contract nearly up.
Would love to see Benno back on a permanent deal if possible, and think a first choice CB to partner Dunk (if we can keep hold of him) and a tall, strong striker are musts.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
We've had a few in the past couple of seasons, and I don't think this year will be any different. 7 more games for us until the January window opens; what do we reckon?

For me, the outs:

COG - It's just not worked out for him, but reckon he'll still get goals at this level for someone.
Toko - No idea why, but he's just not rated. I'd be surprised if he's not picked up on a free based on the fact that he's been playing at a decent level in Switzerland.
CMS - Just for the fact that we're unlikely to offer him a new deal that's as much as other clubs will offer, and it's the last chance to get some money for him.

Ins:

A back up centre half to cover injuries and suspensions to Greer, Dunk and Hughes - not Halford; apparently he's one of Forrest's high earners!
A bruising centre forward with a nasty streak about him - probably scouting Lg 1 and European leagues as we speak.

On the outs, I wish we could add Agustien to the list. What an absolute waste of space and money. I hope he gets what he deserves when looking for a new club in the summer.
Im perplexed to why toko just isn't good enough as he was quiet highly rated,bloody weird.
No chance of flogging kemy is there?astonishing how some footballers can get away with doing absolutely nothing and get paid for it....Astonishing waste of money with him and toko and probably a few others.

I don't see a lot happening to be honest bar CMS moving to peterborough 😀

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

For me, the outs:

Ins:

I'd go along with all of that. A strong, quick goalscoring centre forward capable of playing at the apex of a trident is what's most important. And we should have plenty of money in the kitty to get either a proven one, or at least an outstanding prospect.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

I read that he had signed an extension to 2017.

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
we might consider bids for both CMS and Lua Lua
aka Barnes last year
both out of contract in the summer
and both with some value in January

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
We have to bin some loan players for a start and I'm afraid Gardner's high on that list, in spite of his recent goals.

I'm not sure who'd want to buy CoG but he's obviously deemed surplus to requirements.

Similarly Agustien obviously needs to go but who would take him?

Fenelon back on loan somewhere hopefully.

In... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE a striker who knows where the goal is

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here