owen-120914-l229-1910185_478x359.jpg

Charlotte Owen
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
08:00 9th November 2014
by James Hilsum
Everyone is ready for Sunday and hopefully we can keep our good form up."
Charlotte Owen

Charlotte Owen is enjoying a more forward role for Brighton & Hove Albion women, as the side prepare to welcome Queens Park Rangers to Culver Road today, kick-off 2pm.The 19-year-old has been deployed further up the pitch by manager James Marrs and Owen has coped well with the demands of the position.
She told seagulls.co.uk, “I’ve changed positions to striker, so I’ve adapted to that and am now trying to get my place back in the starting line-up. It’s a strong team and I’ve just got to keep working hard and show what I can do when I come on from the bench.
“As a striker, I’ve got to be more aware of the players around me because previously I was playing in a more central role, feeding the balls into the forwards, whereas as a striker I’m holding the ball up.
“But when I play as a striker, I am given quite a lot of freedom by James to join in with the build-up play.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion go into the game against QPR on the back of four consecutive victories and will hope to do 'the double' on the West Londoners, having secured a 3-1 win in the reverse fixture in September.“Confidence is really high at the moment; the girls have worked really hard and intensity in training has gone up. Everyone is ready for Sunday and hopefully we can keep our good form up.
“We’ve had a tough run of games and even though QPR is going to be another difficult game, we’ve played them before and should know what to expect.
“They were a physical side and quick down the wings, but as long as we do what we did last time then we will be all right.”
Albion currently sit second in the Premier League Southern Division table behind Cardiff City only on goal difference, and Owen believes the team can be content with the progress made so far.
“To be honest we would rather be sitting top, but we’ve done really well. The two games we’ve lost so far have been to two other top teams [Portsmouth and Charlton], but we showed last week that we can lose to a top team and bounce back with a big win [5-1 v Charlton], so anything can happen.”
[h=3]ALBION V Fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]friDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here