Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
gardner-081114-l229-2071943_478x359.jpg

Gary Gardner
Image by: Bennett Dean

PUBLISHED
06:00 9th November 2014
by Mollie Bennett
I love to get in the box and score goals but it’s not only about goals it’s about results too."
Gary Gardner

Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder Gary Gardner believes Albion’s four points from this week leaves them in good spirits going into the international break.
The Aston Villa loanee was on target in both games this week – scoring the winner against Wigan on Tuesday, before netting in Albion’s 1-1 draw with Blackburn yesterday.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I love to get in the box and score goals but it’s not only about goals it’s about results too.
“I thought we deserved more out of the game but we can be happy with four points in a week against two difficult sides who have been in the Premier League.
“We can take lots of positives from this week and come back from the break and hit the road running.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Gardner went onto explain how Albion’s formation suits his attacking style of play.
“The formation we play allows me to get forward and that’s what I like to do. There’s no restriction on me, I wanted to score goals - so I am pleased to have done that.
“I want to be a box-to-box midfielder and my fitness is getting there but I'm not 100% yet.*The two games this week helps and hopefully after a few more games I'll be able to get about a bit more.”
The Seagulls will now be out of action until November 22 - when they travel to Norwich - and Gardner believes the international break brings a welcomed rest.
“It's nice to have a little break and we need it. It will give us time to rest and then we can hit the road running again.
“We have a couple of days break, like we do normally, but I'll use the time to get fitter.”[h=3]ALBION V Fulham
[/h]SaturDAY 29TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V millwall
[/h]friday 12th december, KICK-OFF 7:45PM

[h=3]Albion v reading
[/h]friDAY 26TH decEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here