Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A question for those who want Sami to Stay...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It is expensive and possibly non productive to sack the manager if he is not responsible for the signings that we have made. If we brought in a new manager would he be allowed to bring in the players he wants within reasonable limits? Obviously a player like Kenwynne Jones would be ideal but probably too expensive.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Can I ask why, like me, you are keeping the faith?

For those against, please let someone else speak...

Kosh

Why then didn't you start the thread with the reasons why you want to keep him?

It is expensive and possibly non productive to sack the manager if he is not responsible for the signings that we have made. If we brought in a new manager would he be allowed to bring in the players he wants within reasonable limits? Obviously a player like Kenwynne Jones would be ideal but probably too expensive.

Then why not identify players that would be within our budget!!!

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

This. You have to ask, are the managers the root cause of our problems.

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
This team is not Sami's team, I think he will keep us up and then I will judge next season.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Then why not identify players that would be within our budget!!![/QUOTE]

That has not been Sami's remit as yet, so he cannot be blamed for the failure to do this. I would suggest stick with him until Christmas and then re evaluate and if need be bring in a new manager and give him the funds to bring 2 or 3 players in and also other loan signings when the ones we have at the moment go back.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Why then didn't you start the thread with the reasons why you want to keep him?

Oh Drew bless, this thread is not about me. I've made my feelings clear elsewhere. As for you, you always seem determined to draw me in to a debate, how about a nice game of chess?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cos he's only just got here.
We're not being dicked week in week out.
There have been moments that have excited even NSC.
He has clearly been under funded.
Slightly better players, a la EB, will make a huge difference.
It'll cost, and who's to say the next man will fair any better, in the current set up.
We can all see the problem areas, we'll see who January brings.
I'd love to be on the right side of history, for a change.
Sami tactics aren't as one dimensional as NSC would have you believe.
He's been let down by key players at key moments.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
It's hard to know how the recruitment was sold to him in the interview process. We are told that the manager has a say in the players brought in, maybe with our budget, and with FPP considerations, we are just not in a position to pay the fee/wages for players that Sami really wants. Was he sold a proposition that has turned out not to be what he expected ?

Can't say I've been impressed tactically from the games I've watched, admittedly only a few, so I wouldn't be against replacing him, if that what the board decides. Plenty of available names that could do a job, but probably not many that would want to do it unless perhaps the purse strings are loosened and better quality players are acquired, if the club really is genuine about challenging for promotion.

That said, there were 50 applicants for the Motherwell vacancy, so plenty of out of work managers desperate for work, and surely the Brighton project would be more attractive

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Cos he's only just got here.
We're not being dicked week in week out.
There have been moments that have excited even NSC.
He has clearly been under funded.
Slightly better players, a la EB, will make a huge difference.
It'll cost, and who's to say the next man will fair any better, in the current set up.
We can all see the problem areas, we'll see who January brings.
I'd love to be on the right side of history, for a change.
Sami tactics aren't as one dimensional as NSC would have you believe.
He's been let down by key players at key moments.

Thanks SB, you've pretty much covered it for me.

Many on NSC slag off other clubs for changing managers at the drop of a hat and are the same ones calling for his head. Every manager needs a decent opportunity to prove themselves. My biggest criticism is not his tactics or player recruitment but team selection and his insistence on sticking with one particular player who contributes little while others do not get a chance. But perhaps that is part of the learning curve to get the balance of the team correct.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
This. You have to ask, are the managers the root cause of our problems.

Be careful. Taking that question to its logical end leads you to a point where you'll get called ungrateful. Apparently money makes you infallible.

Oh Drew bless, this thread is not about me. I've made my feelings clear elsewhere. As for you, you always seem determined to draw me in to a debate, how about a nice game of chess?

It's a fair question though. You've asked everyone else that supports keeping Sami to give their reasons why but haven't done so yourself.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised there's so many of us :lolol:

I thought I was fighting the lone fight with occasionally thumbs up support from [MENTION=14905]symyjym[/MENTION].

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This team is not Sami's team, I think he will keep us up and then I will judge next season.

I agree. He signed when we still had Ulloa & Buckley who were then sold from under him. Did he ask for any of the signings that we got apart from, possibly Teixeira?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here