Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's attendance

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
No thread yet that I can see.

Pretendance quoted as being 24,840. Carrying on where they left off on Tuesday, people were already laughing before the announcer had even reached the completely made up number.

It still felt quite quiet on the WSU concourse today, I felt and has the North ever looked so patchily populated for a Saturday league game before?

Real Attendance of c19,000? Any other guesses?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
There were loads of empty seats around me in the North and I got served straight away at half two. The East looked a lot busier than Tuesday though. 19,000 sounds about right.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Next seasons more the worry wether we stay up or not. Which brings me to think if we are top of league one winning week in week out banging the goals in would the crowds be bigger than a season struggling in the championship again?

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
No thread yet that I can see.

Pretendance quoted as being 24,840. Carrying on where they left off on Tuesday, people were already laughing before the announcer had even reached the completely made up number.

It still felt quite quiet on the WSU concourse today, I felt and has the North ever looked so patchily populated for a Saturday league game before?

Real Attendance of c19,000? Any other guesses?

19,000 would mean nearly 12,000 empty seats.
Yes there were empty seats but I would say around 22k.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Certainly not 20000 in the ground today, and about 16500 on Tuesday, I would think.

It is odd to leave home, in Ovingdean, as late as I did, 2.15, and to be on the WSU concourse by 2.35 (my wife drove me, and dropped me off). The traffic on Farmer Road used to back up almost as far as Woodingdean, but you sail through now. I was home by 5.20, too.

So it's not all bad.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Wouldn't say above 20k

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Looked pretty good on the stream although can't see the west...About 22k if the west was reasonable😀
Thought it would be worse,but a good turnout considering how shite we're 👍

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Next seasons more the worry wether we stay up or not. Which brings me to think if we are top of league one winning week in week out banging the goals in would the crowds be bigger than a season struggling in the championship again?

Top of L1 might take a bit of doing .. ask my Sheff U supporting mate

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

I'd rather we don't have to find out to be honest, It's fair to say the club have made a lot of bad decisions during the summer but it's how they react to it now that counts. In my opinion it's both the manager and player recruitment that needs a serious change before we can push on.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I'd rather we don't have to find out to be honest, It's fair to say the club have made a lot of bad decisions during the summer but it's how they react to it now that counts. In my opinion it's both the manager and player recruitment that needs a serious change before we can push on.

100% this.
If things do not change on the pitch then the consequences could be disastrous.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I used to measure the Goldstone attendance by the cars whilst driving round Hove Park, good days we had to park before we even got to the park, mind you there was the day vs Newcastle when I thought it was a home match..............

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I wonder how the pie and pint sales are doing recently ? 2 home games in a week when the queues have been minimal.

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Although a supporter for many years I did not have a season ticket until the Amex was built,after two seasons I was so frustrated that I decided not to renew my ticket and attend when standard of play and results improved,I am still waiting for the improvements,but am £s in pocket.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Although a supporter for many years I did not have a season ticket until the Amex was built,after two seasons I was so frustrated that I decided not to renew my ticket and attend when standard of play and results improved,I am still waiting for the improvements,but am £s in pocket.
Well done you. With more fans like you the club would definitely get the message and pull their fingers out.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here