Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How was the West Coastway train/bus line today?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Swerved it, personally by driving and parking in The Bridge but I've not seen a single "it was a shambles!" comment yet.

Did it all go well with plenty of capacity for all?

Julio

Feb 18, 2009
Swerved it too and took the seagulls travel option. Picked up 30 yards from my front door at Broadwater Green at 13.15 and was at the ground 25 mins later. Spent longer queuing to get into East stand kids bar/club than the journey took. Back home by 17.50. Top service, but all too sober an experience when the footie is that dull.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Got the 5.06 train back to Brighton station, minced down to Churchill Square to get the 700, where I saw there was one sat there waiting. Jogged along to the door, which was closed, as the driver was talking to someone standing next to him. I gave a gentle tap-tap on the door to alert him to his customers presence. Whereupon the utter COCKSMOKER completely ignored me for about 5 seconds, before putting in gear and pulling away, leaving me and several others who'd jst got there, standing. Whereupon I thumped firmly on the side of the door as the bus left, and called him a ****ing prick as he disappeared down Western Road.

I gained some small consolation from the fact that he was completely bald.

Other than that it was alright.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Got the 5.06 train back to Brighton station, minced down to Churchill Square to get the 700, where I saw there was one sat there waiting. Jogged along to the door, which was closed, as the driver was talking to someone standing next to him. I gave a gentle tap-tap on the door to alert him to his customers presence. Whereupon the utter COCKSMOKER completely ignored me for about 5 seconds, before putting in gear and pulling away, leaving me and several others who'd jst got there, standing. Whereupon I thumped firmly on the side of the door as the bus left, and called him a ****ing prick as he disappeared down Western Road.

Eagerly awaits UnRest's thread about his day as a relief bus driver...

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Also swerved the train, for the first time since we moved to Falmer. Drove to Mill Road, parked up, got on the bus, no drama. After the game, had a chat with some CHUMS in WSL then ambled up to the bus back. No queue, got on the bus and was driven back to within 10 yards of my car. Back home by 7.30.

I wouldn't necessarily take the car every week - getting the train means I can have a beer - but the P&R was very SMOOTH.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

COCKSMOKER is a term that should be used more often.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Also swerved the train, for the first time since we moved to Falmer. Drove to Mill Road, parked up, got on the bus, no drama. After the game, had a chat with some CHUMS in WSL then ambled up to the bus back

And may I just say what a rare pleasure it was to see you, old CHUM :wave:

el punal

No real dramas. From Southampton, caught the 10.15 train to Victoria, changed at Three Bridges and was on Brighton bound train within 6 minutes. Only took 20 minutes more than the usual journey.

Pity the poor sods who were queuing up for buses alongside platform 8 at Brighton station at 6.00 last night. It looked horrendous.

My return journey was ok. Back to Three Bridges and caught connecting train to Southampton after 10 minute wait. The train was rammed, so had to sit in first class and consumed a prawn sandwich and some fine red wine - as one does! :cheers:

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
Didn't use train today.Drove to race hill P&R. No problems at all. After the game the queue quickly dispersed. Thinking of using it more now.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Didn't use train today.Drove to race hill P&R. No problems at all. After the game the queue quickly dispersed. Thinking of using it more now.

Swerved the trains as well, Mrs dropped us off and collected us post match - very civil

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here