Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Player ratings Blackburn

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Walton -7 - looked assured after a dodgy moment in the first 5 minutes when he should have put his name on a cross. Could do nothing about the goal.
Calderon - 6 - great first half. Tired second
R Bennett - 7 - linked up well with KLL
Dunk - 7 - the pick of our defenders
Greer - 5 - another off day. gestede bossed him
Gardener - 6 - better than Tuesday. Looked more comfortable with the system
JFC - 5 -what was he thinking with that cross?
Ince - 7 - made a big difference
KLL - 7 - a good outlet. Looked the man most likely
E Bennett - 6 - another who started brightly but faded. Great cross in the first half. MOTM?!
Baldock - 7 - really growing on me. Another hard working performance. Could have dive better with one chance but offering so much more since Boutnemouth

McCourt - 5 - did precious little except lose the ball in a very dangerous position
why no more subs Sami?

A good performance against an in form side. No outstanding performers, no shockers. A fair result. The booing at the end was laughable

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Walton. 7. Solid, no fault with the goal
Calderon 5
Sam Bennett 6
Dunk 5
Greer 5
Gardener 4
jFC 5
Ince 4 shadow of last season's player
KLL 4. If you've beaten someone don't go back and try to do it again
Elliott Bennet 6. The spark over the last two games
baldock 7. I feel so sorry for him

McCourt 3

Tactically appalling.

MoM - the Veggie pie - stupendous work

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Dont normally do these but what the heck.

Walton 7 didnt do a lot wrong and when he did in the first half he made a great save
Calderon 6 did ok
R Bennett 8 MOM great game alround and the wrong Bennett got MOM
Dunk 7 good game but seemed determined to get booked , perhaps he didnt fancy Norwich away...
Greer 6 ok defendng but poor passing
Gardner 7 2 in 2 and the only midfielder who seems to want to score ,always in the box.
JFC 2 I really am confused about caskey,dont get me wrong i want him to succeed but i just cant see it.He offers so little in 90 minutes and his head seemed to be down today.He needs a break for a while.
Ince 7 never really has a bad game and rarely gives the ball away.
KLL 7 better than Tuesday ,hada good game
E Bennett 7 we all know what Benno is about and that superb low cross in the first half was a purler, will only get better with games.I soooo hope we can get him back
Baldock 7 Ran himself in the ground and played ok but it is tough for him up there on his own.

McCort 5 Couple of nice touches and a couple of poor ones (one of which could have cost us)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It was better than Tuesday, but not by much. The excitement factor was missing for me and it was all rather toothless

Walton - 7 - did everything that he needed to do. Great save in first half
Calderon - 7 best performance for a while
Bennett - 8 - MoM for me
Greer - 6 - challenging afternoon
Dunk - 7 - better than Tuesday
JFC - 5 - quite poor after the previous improvement
Gardner - 5 - normal poor performance, but got an important goal
Ince - 8 - We look more competitive when he plays
KLL - 6 - flattered to deceive, got in good positions but wasteful
Elliott - 6 - still finding his feet. Not MoM for me.
Baldock - 6 - buzzed about to but to no real effect

Paddy - 6 - caught in possession when his teammates stood around like statues waiting for some magic. Good run at the end.
O'Grady - N/A

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Walton -7- couldn't do anything about goal
Calde -6- only player to put in a decent cross
Greer -5- very poor today! Gave possession away and looked shaky
Dunk -5- made a few silly challenges , out for Norwich game now
J.Bennett -8- Motm - quick feet and good distributor
Ince -5- didn't boss the game
JFC -6- wasteful
Gardner -6- good goal, could have had more
E.Bennett-7- Promising and gives us pace
Kaz -5- always turning back. Better as an impact sub
Baldock -5- feel for him but isn't strong enough

Paddy -6- moment of brilliance but also got caught in possession that nearly cost us
O'Grady -N/A

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Walton -7 - looked assured after a dodgy moment in the first 5 minutes when he should have put his name on a cross. Could do nothing about the goal.
E Bennett - 6 - another who started brightly but faded. Great cross in the first half. MOTM?!
Baldock - 7 - really growing on me. Another hard working performance. Could have dive better with one chance but offering so much more since Boutnemouth

McCourt - 5 - did precious little except lose the ball in a very dangerous position
why no more subs Sami?

A good performance against an in form side. No outstanding performers, no shockers. A fair result. The booing at the end was laughable

You've pretty much summed it up for me there, although I'll give R Bennett a 0, and Joe Bennett a 7.
On a different note, who was it that stopped Blackburn scoring in the first few minutes, when Greer diverted the ball goalwards? Whoever that was deserves an extra point. Or even two.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Walton -6.5
Calde -6.5
Greer -6
Dunk -6
J.Bennett -7
Ince -6
JFC -6.5
Gardner -6
E.Bennet -6
Kaz -6.5 so often isolated with the ball but no options
Baldock -4 lacking in confidence but more importantly, far too weak

Paddy - 5.5
O'Grady -N/A but let's face it, what threat was he going to be?

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
You've pretty much summed it up for me there, although I'll give R Bennett a 0, and Joe Bennett a 7.
On a different note, who was it that stopped Blackburn scoring in the first few minutes, when Greer diverted the ball goalwards? Whoever that was deserves an extra point. Or even two.

That was Joe Bennett

Hornblower

Jul 7, 2003
R

why no more subs Sami?

Pretty much this.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Our performance lacked fizz. For much of the game we were far too slow and ponderous. Desperate need for a big guy up front. Watching Zamora on the tele just now highlights what a "proper" striker can give you ... he held up the ball very well and laid it off with aplomb. Hardly a poor pass ... and he lasted 90 minutes.

Walton 7. Did very well apart from a couple of kicks into touch.
Calderon 6. Decent enough game and got forward a couple of times. Greer needs to look to his right more as Calderon often available, but Greer chooses another option.
Greer 5. See above comment. Distribution generally poor.
Dunk 7. Good performance. Shame about the yellow, but it had to come sooner or later.
J Bennett 7. Good defensively and going forward.
Ince 7. Good to have him back in the starting line-up. Had a strong game. Passing mostly of a very high standard. Broke up numerous attacks. He should keep his place. MOM
JFC 5. Possibly a little better than recent performances, but still not what we need in that role.
Gardner 6. Nicely taken goal. Slightly better performance overall.
KLL 6. Some good, some bad. Lost the ball too many times. Way off his best.
E Bennett 6. Some flashes of the old Elliott, but no way man of the match.
Baldock 7. Looks better every game, but still not the solution to our striker problem in my opinion.

Subs:
McCourt 4. Disappointing.
O'Grady N/A not on long enough.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Decent result, performance again below par, but an improvement on Tuesday.

Walton 7
Calderon 6
Greer 6 seems to be going for a goal a game - in the wrong net.
Dunk 7
Bennett J 7
Ince 8 my MoM
JFC 6 that cross was embarrassing
Gardner 5 scrappy goal, and that shot early second half was frankly an embarrassment. Not sure why he is preferred to Holla from Holland.
KLL 6 better than Tuesday but rarely makes an impact
Bennett E 6
Baldock 6 where was he when EB crossed that ball?!

We have looked better defensively in the last couple of games but we really need to sort out midfield. Bringing Ince in was a step in the right direction, but we are too slow and ponderous in the final third.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Based on 5 being the acceptable mark.

Walton 6 Competent not at fault for the goal and unlucky.
Calderon 7 Dovetailed well with EB.
Greer 5 Nothing exceptional either way.
Dunk 6 His usual reliable self. Booking was inevitable
Bennett (Joe) 6 Reliable as always
Ince 5 Good interception very poor distribution
JFC 5 didnt notice he was playing till he went off.
Gardner 7 Better allround performance
Lua Lua 6 Some good runs but into blind alleys.
Bennett (E) 8 Very intelligent reading of the game MOM.
Baldock 5 Lot of efforyt but doesnt look like the answer to our goalscoring.

Subs
McCourt 4 Lost possession and showed nothing to encourage us.
COG N/A Not on long enough to mark thank goodness. Can we swap him in part ex for Jed Wallace at Pompey.

SH & NJ 4 Another abysmal performance with no likelhood of changes to improve or get a 2nd goal.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Can't take seriously any scores given by people who can't even get the players names right.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
From where we were sitting the wrong Bennett definitely got MOM.

KLL played well, especially in the second half.

Paddy added nothing.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Walton - 7. No chance with the goal, mostly pretty assured. Seems to catch everything calmly.

Calde - 6.5

Greer - 6

Dunk - 6

J.Bennett - 8. MOM for me, good defensively and bombed forward several times

Ince - 6.5

JFC - 6.5. Does a lot of unnoticed dirty work in the middle.

Gardner - 6

E.Bennett - 6. Less impactful than Tuesday but definitely adds to the team

Kaz - 6.5. Decent shift, wanted him to have more of a go at Baptiste because he killed him for pace when he did

Baldock - 5.5. Not his fault we keep lumping balls to the shortest man on the pitch guarded by CBs a foot taller than him. Works his nuts off though

Paddy - 6. Would still like to see him start to see what he can do

O'Grady - not on long enough (or too long, possibly)

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Walton 7 - Unlucky with the goal
Calderon 6.5 - I thought he worked hard. Seemed to have a word with Greer on 15mins after Greer had yet again refused to pass to him, instead underpassing back toward Walton putting him in trouble. Greer seemed to use him a bit more after that
Greer 4.5 - he seems somewhat sulky in his performances, his clearance seemed to come from him not wanting to play rather than a 'when in doubt' attitude
Dunk 6.5 - Covered Greer well
J Bennett 6 - Some decent marauding runs, but not always there in support of Lualua, and not always back to defend
Ince 6.5 - looked less clumsy than Tuesday, decent performance
JFC 5 - His corner led to the goal but a lot of lax play and
Gardner 4.5 - You wait ages for him to get keep a shot down and on target, and two come along in (relatively) quick succession.
Lualua 4.5 - He needs a rest, and we need someone on the bench who can be relied on to come on and replace him because for the second game in a row he has tired and seriously dropped off. Not that he had a great game before that, again failing to utilise his pace as much as he could/should have
Baldock 5 - Couple of good opportunities, one tamely shot at the keeper, which he should have done better with. Dropped back occasionally, but probably needs to do that a bit more if he wants to be more involved and have more of a chance to contribute. People behind me were complainined when he would hook the ball into the box instead of holding it up. A couple of times this seemed unfair as his momentum was carrying him out of play so it was either hook it back across and hope someone was busting a gut to get into the box (as they should have been), or let it go out of play
E Bennett 7 - Seems to be a positive influence, not sure he did anything spectacular, but has a certain quality to him

McCourt - Still not seeing why people are raving about him, or singing songs demanding his introduction regardless of whether it's a tactically smart change
O'Grady - Time wasting substitution, really.

Felt like there were the same old problems (wrong decision in the final third, lack of confidence, lack of attacking urgency/intent), but I still felt a little bit more positive about the direction we're heading. Just a bit, mind.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Walton 7
Calderon 6.5
Greer 6.
Dunk 7
J Bennett 7
Ince 6,5
JFC 5
Gardner 6
KLL 6.5
E Bennett 6.5