Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The minute's silence today.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It was - that shout excepted - impeccable and I got goosebumps and tears in my eyes. I was also able to explain it to the Boy and have him understand for the first time. Having the bugle and the servicemen on the pitch helped explain it too.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I think it was an outburst from one of the disabled fans. Nothing malicious

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
Granted, it was good and well observed. However, I would have liked to see the club offer unsold seats ( and there was always going to be plenty of them) to Sussex service personnel, current and retired.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Time and a place Ernest. Using the Poppy Appeal to have a go at the club is very low. Save the wind-ups for another thread, eh?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Granted, it was good and well observed. However, I would have liked to see the club offer unsold seats ( and there was always going to be plenty of them) to Sussex service personnel, current and retired.
Could have gone to an Ex Services home like Queen Alexandra in Worthing (Gifford House to us oldies) and invited some of their residents.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Time and a place Ernest. Using the Poppy Appeal to have a go at the club is very low. Save the wind-ups for another thread, eh?

Don't be pathetic, if you can't see someone dressed up in fancy dress as Poppyman is disrespectful then you better leave your so called retorts for other people, a lot of older people around me were angered by it

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Don't be pathetic, if you can't see someone dressed up in fancy dress as Poppyman is disrespectful then you better leave your so called retorts for other people, a lot of older people around me were angered by it

Agree with you Ernest, it was totally out of keeping of a dignified occasion. No point to it whatsoever

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You're a class act. Of late, outraged by everyone and everything. I'll leave you to it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

As ex-service I didn't find it disrespectful at all. The Poppy Appeal is there to help present & ex service personnel, not just about remembrance.

The British Legion standards, Salvation Army buglers & minutes silence were impeccably observed.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Very moving and impeccably observed, well done to all. Put the game well into perspective.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Was great and wonderfully observed, one minor point to the club is that it might well be prudent to turn the concourse TVs down next time, was quite loud where we were.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here