Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many plateful of food can you eat at a buffet restaurant?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
I used to be able to eat between 5-8 platefuls when I was a student.

Now I can only manage a couple at the most.

Why are there not any decent ones in Brighton??? :moo:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Not a decent one (to my taste anyway) but Jimmys are opening a new restaurant in the marina. For anyone who has not been, it's a cross between 'days' and the Mongolian BBQ. Went to the one in Wembley with friends and was really impressed by the concept but let down by poor service and average food at best.

Back on topic if it's a good buffet I tend to eat until I am about to pop. Unfortunately most buffets keep the food under glow lamps, and the customers have no idea of what 'use the tongs' means hence I end up eating much less.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Depends what's on the menu and the quality of the food, If it's in my favour then I can eat for England.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I find these blatant displays of gluttony embarrassing. Why do people feel the need to eat far too much genarralyy poor quality food just because it's an all you can eat concept? Each to their own i suppose. I'd rather spend a bit more and get some great food without eating like a pig for a tenner and feeling sick all evening.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
For me its more about variety than quantity, trying a range of stuff especially stuff I haven't eaten before. nothing wrong with pigging out but I like to pace myself so dont over do it these days.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
You greedy pigs.

I'm banned from my local Chinese buffet for clearing out most of their stock. Nowhere is safe from my gargantuan appetite.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here