Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sami's no loan fan - but he will take advantage of the system [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion*boss Sami Hyypia has spoken out against the loan system exploited by the club to fill cracks in the squad.
Hyypia believes it blocks the development of young players.
The Seagulls borrowed three players in the summer transfer window, Joao Teixeira from Liverpool and Aston Villa duo Joe Bennett and Gary Gardner.
They have brought back former winger Elliott Bennett from Norwich in the emergency loan window, along with Wigan goalkeeper Ali Al-Habsi and Nottingham Forest utility player Greg Halford, to pep up their attacking options and cover for injuries.
Hyypia admitted: “I don’t like the system very much. When you have a problem, injuries or players out of form, if we didn’t have this system we would take youngsters in the side and that would be beneficial for the youngsters and the clubs.
“They would be given more chance to show what level they are at.
“There is a risk to taking a loan player as well. You don’t know how he gels in the team and for a month you can’t work on many things with this player and something can go wrong.
“It is a little bit of a risk to take a youngster to play as well but I’m not a big fan of this system. But when it's there I like to take advantage."
Hyypia has also warned it will be difficult for Albion to improve the squad during the January transfer window.
He told The Argus: "I would say that the January window is very difficult. Maybe the balance between the costs and quality is more difficult, harder to get, than in the summer transfer window.
“We are working hard to try to find the right people to come in."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here