Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doctor Who series finale discussion/build-up/reaction thread

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
So this is it, the big day. Always comes round way too soon for my liking, even more so this year with the shorter run. Many questions are yet to be answered: How did the Master become Missy? Can Danny return from 'death'? Just how is Clara connected to Missy and will she depart tonight? All coming up at 8:00pm.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Last weeks half was really good. Surprising actuslly. Moffat finally writing good Dr.Who.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Last weeks half was really good. Surprising actuslly. Moffat finally writing good Dr.Who.

He's been writing good Doctor Who since 2004! Of all his contributions to the show; 'Blink' can stand tall as one of the best episodes the show has ever produced, classic and revived series.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Wasn't the train episode was a test. Who was testing them? Is that setting up a larger Capaldi arc, or does it link in with Missy?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Scary Poppins or 'Missy' is a total abomination.

Moffat out, Sami out, Brighton's staying up!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thank the Lord for IPlayer. I'll catch up tomorrow. And avoid this thread after 8pm.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He's been writing good Doctor Who since 2004! Of all his contributions to the show; 'Blink' can stand tall as one of the best episodes the show has ever produced, classic and revived series.
True, but imo he hasn't written any decent episodes since he took over as showrunner. I do hope Mr Pink isn't coming back though tonight and, surprising as it is to hear myself say it, I kind of hope Clara is leaving too (or at least becoming less regular). I could do without the Madame Vastra gang turning up either, though I fear I may be disappointed. And they have a lot of explaining to do about the Master also.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
True, but imo he hasn't written any decent episodes since he took over as showrunner.

Really?! I can think of plenty of good ones and the Day of the Doctor he wrote for the 50th was absolutely superb.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I'm going to watch tonight more in hope rather than expectation. I have seen most of the episodes and overall they have been pretty poor. About the only one which had any empathy with was "Into The Dalek " which was an 8/10. I was unsure about Capaldi in the role right from the start and he has done nothing to change that. It's sad as I love the programme and I want to like him but I am struggling, when Matt Smith used to run around panicking in a flap it looked in character, when Capaldi does it he looks like Jasper Carrott in a stupid wig.

This episode needs to be very good to keep me on the hook.

Arrid

Jul 26, 2004
Not seen an episode for 20 odd years, but it's on my TV now. Who is it aimed at? I mean when I was a kid I think it was on at 6:30 or something, surely no adult is watching this because they want to? Looks bloody ridiculous program. Just sent my kids to bed half way through they didn't even moan. They develop an infatuation with the One Show midweek when I send them to bed.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fairly poor episode overall. Nice touch about The brigadier however. So, no more Clara and an episode of pure cheese ahead for Christmas. Dramatic re-boot required.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Really?! I can think of plenty of good ones and the Day of the Doctor he wrote for the 50th was absolutely superb.
Sorry yes I forgot Day of The Doctor which was above average and had Tom. But apart from that the only writers whose episodes I've really enjoyed since SM took over were Robin Curtis and Neil Gaiman.

As for tonight's - best of the series but still not great. Not convinced Missy was actually the Master either, can't see them throwing a character away like that.

Good to see Nick Frost though :)

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I enjoyed the episode, but I still don't know what to make of it. A rather messy pay-off, I think I need to give it another watch to make my mind up.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Fairly poor episode overall. Nice touch about The brigadier however. So, no more Clara and an episode of pure cheese ahead for Christmas. Dramatic re-boot required.

Apart from the 2012 Xmas episode, they're largely cheesy.

Anyway, thought it was a muddled episode, but a few nice touches here and there. I like Capaldi...not as much as I liked Smith, but he's still good.

As for Moffat. He's written some shite, but some great stories too. Funnily enough the best episode of his tenure was 'Vincent & The Doctor' from Series 5. Written by Richard Curtis, I believe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here