Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] *** Brighton & Hove Albion vs Blackburn Rovers: Official Matchday Thread ***

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Screen Shot 2014-11-07 at 22.32.44.png

SKY BET CHAMPIONSHIP
Venue: Amex Stadium Date: Saturday, 8 November Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Mark Haywood (West Yorkshire)

Head-to-Head
• The last meeting ended as a 3-3 draw at Ewood Park in April.
• Brighton are unbeaten in the last four meetings, although they have won only one. Blackburn's last win was 3-0 at Brighton in the old Division Two in March 1992.
• Blackburn have won only one of the last four meetings at Brighton, drawing one and losing two.

Brighton
• The Seagulls won 1-0 against Wigan at home on Tuesday - their first win in nine games in all competitions and first in 12 games in the Championship.
• That win against Wigan was only their second win at home in the Championship this season. Their only other league win at the AMEX Stadium was 2-1 against Bolton on 23 August.

Blackburn
• Rovers are unbeaten in their last six games, winning three. Their last defeat was 2-0 at Rotherham on 30 September.
• They have lost only one of their last five away games, winning two and drawing two.

TEAM NEWS

Brighton's loan signing Ali Al Habsi could start in goal after being ineligible to face parent club Wigan.
Boss Sami Hyypia may give fellow loanee Greg Halford a start at centre-back.

Blackburn midfielder Ben Marshall has recovered from a knock and is set to be included in the squad.
Midfielder Lee Williamson (groin) will be given a late fitness test while full-back Tommy Spurr (groin), Chris Brown (knee), and midfielder Jason Lowe (foot) have all returned to training.​

(I know it's a bit early but, you know, Wheel whine)

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Referee - MARK HAYWOOD
Assistants - Nigel Lugg and Adrian Tranter
Fourth Official - Jake Hillier

This will be Mark Haywood's 5th time in charge of a Brighton match and second at The Amex.
Championship
14.12.13 Middlesbrough 0-1 Brighton (1 yellow)
24.11.12 Brighton 1-1 Bolton (no cards)
31.12.11 Coventry 2-0 Brighton (2 yellows)
League One
05.04.10 Hartlepool 2-0 Brighton (1 yellow)

League Matches at Brighton
Brighton wins - 8
Blackburn wins - 4
Draws - 3
Brighton goals - 26
Blackburn goals - 15

League Results at Brighton
English League Championship

09.11.2013 Brighton 3-0 Blackburn
12.02.2013 Brighton 1-1 Blackburn
English Division Two (old)
14.03.1992 Brighton 0-3 Blackburn
16.03.1991 Brighton 1-0 Blackburn
04.11.1989 Brighton 1-2 Blackburn
04.03.1989 Brighton 3-0 Blackburn
22.11.1986 Brighton 0-2 Blackburn
07.09.1985 Brighton 3-1 Blackburn
06.03.1985 Brighton 3-1 Blackburn
02.01.1984 Brighton 1-1 Blackburn
28.04.1979 Brighton 2-1 Blackburn
26.11.1977 Brighton 2-2 Blackburn
English Division Three (old)
22.03.1975 Brighton 0-1 Blackburn
23.02.1974 Brighton 3-0 Blackburn
19.04.1972 Brighton 3-0 Blackburn

Last Season

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
This thread is a bit Gay!

Blackburn are really serious dangerous opposition

After the recent games Albion have fallen to third place (from first) in the passing stats below Wolves and Derby.

Possession and we have fallen from second place to fifth behind Wolves, Derby, Bournemouth and Norwich.

Blackburn have replaced Rotherham as the best aerial team. Aerial is a bit of a weakness for us, but out of the bottom three which are Watford, Brentford and Huddersfield.

In shots per game, Norwich and Blackburn are ahead of us.

Shots from inside the penalty area (where I think Albion are poor) is still about average. Slightly ahead of Wigan which is no surprise. Leaders in this important attacking stats are Middlesbro, Blackburn and Norwich.

I think this makes Blackburn are really serious dangerous opposition.

I think the dangerous clubs are now Derby, Middlesbro, Norwich, Wolves, Bournemouth, Blackburn: which would now be my prediction of the top clubs at the end of the season.

Possession, essentially a defensive tactic, is below average and less than 50% for Blackburn. This might make them more of a counter-attacking side. A bit of a gamble playing advanced wing-backs against such a side (I don't like these tactics anyway.).

A big test for Sami Hyypia this match. Get it wrong and we could go down 0-3. Get it right and I have faith that a 2-1 win is not out of the question.

To my mind we have got to get our two second strikers into the penalty area and hope they have got the composure to at least get the shots (headers seem unlikely) on target.

PS: Albion are the leading club for defensive interceptions this season, so our midfield is not dreadful. Dribbles per game is not bad either. We are second behind Norwich.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29860092

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Blackburn are really serious dangerous opposition

After the recent games Albion have fallen to third place (from first) in the passing stats below Wolves and Derby.

Possession and we have fallen from second place to fifth behind Wolves, Derby, Bournemouth and Norwich.

Blackburn have replaced Rotherham as the best aerial team. Aerial is a bit of a weakness for us, but out of the bottom three which are Watford, Brentford and Huddersfield.

In shots per game, Norwich and Blackburn are ahead of us.

Shots from inside the penalty area (where I think Albion are poor) is still about average. Slightly ahead of Wigan which is no surprise. Leaders in this important attacking stats are Middlesbro, Blackburn and Norwich.

I think this makes Blackburn are really serious dangerous opposition.

I think the dangerous clubs are now Derby, Middlesbro, Norwich, Wolves, Bournemouth, Blackburn: which would now be my prediction of the top clubs at the end of the season.

Possession, essentially a defensive tactic, is below average and less than 50% for Blackburn. This might make them more of a counter-attacking side. A bit of a gamble playing advanced wing-backs against such a side (I don't like these tactics anyway.).

A big test for Sami Hyypia this match. Get it wrong and we could go down 0-3. Get it right and I have faith that a 2-1 win is not out of the question.

To my mind we have got to get our two second strikers into the penalty area and hope they have got the composure to at least get the shots (headers seem unlikely) on target.

PS: Albion are the leading club for defensive interceptions this season, so our midfield is not dreadful. Dribbles per game is not bad either. We are second behind Norwich.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29860092

okay mate.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How many Holes in Blackburn, Lancashire?

What have we got?

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?312314-**-BHA-v-Blackburn-**-Score-Predictor

Majority go for 2-1, 1-1, 1-2. I can't see anything out of the ordinary. Promises a good game. That's what we pay our money for.

"Darth Rover » Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:58 pm

We have not done very well at the Amex in the last few years but this must be the worst Brighton team we have faced since we were relegated. Optimistically this must be the best Rovers team to play Brighton in recent meetings too. It all adds up to one thing really and that is a Rovers win. Anything else and we will have only ourselves to blame like at the Millwall game. I see us easily continuing our unbeaten run but a win really should be on the menu. If only we could defend as easily as we can attack then winning this league would be a breeze.
"

Rovers Talk: http://www.roverstalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=5466&sid=b14724d5ca451ef70da4044b8d9911c9

Last edited:

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pressure is on. If Albion lose, and Birmingham beat Cardiff at home and Fulham beat Huddersfield at home, we will be next to bottom.

Big games at the top as well with Derby vs Wolves and Middlesbro' vs Bournemouth

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Isn't it a banning offence to post the MDT a day early?
Also, more mistakes in the title and OP. No club badges and the image is ripped off from the BBC.
We've lost.

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Isn't it a banning offence to post the MDT a day early?
Also, more mistakes in the title and OP. No club badges and the image is ripped off from the BBC.
We've lost.

I'm sorry I've failed you sir, is it really that serious to have such a perfect match day thread, I recall we won against wigan when the match thread was much worse than this, and throughout the winless run the match threads were OCD perfect like your suggesting they should be, I won't be making one again. :rolleyes: :tosser:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here