Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could UKIP win the General Election ?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
UKIP won't win, but I think it's amazing how many dyed in the wool Tory and labour supporters are writing them off. They are nicking votes from everywhere, left, right and centre.

To suggest everyone who is considering voting UKIP is a racist nutter is also very foolish and a bit lazy really. I think UKIP will give the two main parties a massive wake up call in May.

Indeed. Strangely the parties themselves seem to be waking up though - you only need to see how many times they attacked UKIP of Question Time this week even when UKIP hadn't been the topic of the question and there wasn't even a UKIP panelist.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
UKIP won't win, but I think it's amazing how many dyed in the wool Tory and labour supporters are writing them off. They are nicking votes from everywhere, left, right and centre.

To suggest everyone who is considering voting UKIP is a racist nutter is also very foolish and a bit lazy really. I think UKIP will give the two main parties a massive wake up call in May.
Why would anyone but a racist nutter vote for a bunch of racist nutters?

D

Deleted member 22389

The people are sick to death of Labour and Tories, the lies, the bullshit. Many want THIS country to be protected and fought for, you know, our people. Wake up England.

Need something new in this country now. A party that reflects the views of people. It doesn't matter what the Tories or Labour say or do from this point forward, it is simply not enough. They all had a chance to put things right and they blew it, and don't they know it.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
if that was the count of the actual vote labour would win, the increased votes for ukip would gain them a few seats but would mostly take seats away from the conservatives.

Like your self, that is what I thought as that is what the press had hinted at, but the recent by-election in the Rochdale area, where the labour candidate would normally have been dead cert, showed a huge swing to UKIP - I think they had about 11,000 votes, about 1000 less than labour. Of course by-election votes don't always equate to election votes, but I did find it significant. If you accept that UKIP get votes as a result of frustration with the EU and what could be seen as excessive immigration, then this will affect both labour and tory strongholds. Indeed you could argue that immigrants tend to settle initially in poorer areas, which tend to be labour supporting, and consequently could result in an electoral backlash for Miliband.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Need something new in this country now. A party that reflects the views of people. It doesn't matter what the Tories or Labour say or do from this point forward, it is simply not enough. They all had a chance to put things right and they blew it, and don't they know it.
Which people's views would you like this party to reflect? I'm pretty sure we don't all share the same views.

D

Deleted member 22389

Which people's views would you like this party to reflect? I'm pretty sure we don't all share the same views.

The views of people who want to see a proper border controls put in place, a proper checking system and only taking people when there is the need. But most important having the foresight to understand that there are so many houses, so many jobs and that our services can only take so much.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Much as I despise UKIP, the big three need a boot up the backside to keep them on their toes. Complacency in authority has been highly detrimental to this country. UKIP will not win and I certainly don't want them to but I think they will gain somewhere in the region of twenty seats.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
Of course it will never happen, but sadistically I would love to see it. There would literally be riots, British people would never tolerate a far-right government, something like that would lead to a revolution.

Are you seriously suggesting the British people would turn their back on democracy ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No. I think people are going to be surprised how quickly UKIP disappear in 2015.

You had your revolution Mr.Farage. The bums lost.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
If UKIP won the general election, then democracy has truly failed. We won the war to end fascism, if we end up voting for it purely because there is nobody else to vote for, then of course we would turn our backs on it for a better system.
What is the better system?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
If UKIP won the general election, then democracy has truly failed. We won the war to end fascism, if we end up voting for it purely because there is nobody else to vote for, then of course we would turn our backs on it for a better system.

If UKIP won the election ( which we both agree won't happen ) then that is democracy is at work. Only because YOU don't like the winner doesn't make the process anti-democratic - exactly the opposite in fact.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Depends how many people want to stick-it to the mainstream setup.

I would say their chances get better every day.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
It's important to consider that UKIP do not represent a fairer or more prosperous world, nor free speech or equal rights - these are things that all of us support, which is exactly why we would never tolerate far-right politics in this country.

The same can be said for far-left politics.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here