Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
greer-l229-2069537_478x359.jpg

Gordon Greer
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
16:00 7th November 2014
by Mollie Bennett
It will be good to see him but all I’m bothered about is the three points for Brighton."
Gordon Greer

Brighton & Hove Albion captain Gordon Greer is set to put his international friendship on hold, when he faces fellow Scots Grant Hanley and Jordan Rhodes on Saturday.
Greer – fresh from his Scotland call-up earlier this week – is used to playing alongside Hanley on international duty but is hoping he’ll hold the bragging rights when they meet in Scotland training camp next week.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s always good to see the international lads but all I’ll be doing is concentrating on Brighton and will be doing everything I can to win the game.
“I won’t speak to them before the game but afterwards we can have a chat. Grant (Hanley) is a great guy and we get on really well. He’s a great defender and I think against Georgia he was our best player.
“It will be good to see him but all I’m bothered about is the three points for Brighton.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The Scot went onto explain how club form is what comes first and how the international honours will follow.
“It’s your club form that really matters. If you’re not doing well for your club, you’re not going to get into the international set-up.
“For me it’s all about the club. Brighton doing well over the last few years is probably the main reason I’ve been able to play for my country.
“I’m really fortunate and thankful for that. I just go out for Brighton and try and play as well as I can every week and hope I get picked for Scotland.”
On the back of a vital win for Albion, skipper Greer understands the test Albion face against an in-form Blackburn side.
“It will be a tough game. Blackburn have started really well and they have got some really good players.
“They’ve scored a lot of goals from crosses but these are the games you want to play in, you want to test yourselves against the best strikers.
“Jordan Rhodes is definitely one of the best in the league and Rudy Gestede has proven he’s a handful but we’ve got good players too and we need to show it.
“It’s about us, we’re a good side and people are looking at the league table and seeing us not doing well but we’re better than what we’ve shown so far and we need to kick on now.” [h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h] SaturDAY 8TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h] saturday 29th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v millwall
[/h] friDAY 12TH decEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here