Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has anyone signed up pa for this HP instant ink scheme.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
On telly an advert came up for this scheme and I have done some investigation and it looks like if you sign up for around £ 2 a month, £4 a month or a higher amount depending on usage, the HP printer sends. A message to HP and they send you through the required cartridges.

Anyone signed up to this as I can't see a catch apart from having to but a new printer, which PC World have some cracking deals on.

Regards
Dave

:wave:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I take it no one has?

seagull_in_malaysia

Aug 18, 2006
Reading
I've considered it but not taken the plunge yet. I can't imagine it would cost more that buying the ink outright. It costs me over 20 pounds to replace all my cartridges, and I don't do that much printing yet they seem to run out so quickly. I think maybe they are drying up? I definitely don't get the no. of pages they say you should get from them.

If you do decide to go for it let me know if it's value for money!

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
You can get non-branded compatible cartridges off the internet for the fraction of the price.

For example: for my Epson Workhorse 4 in 1 printer the branded black ink cartridge costs £23 each. I just bought 4 non-branded compatibles - 4 for £13!

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Yes but you end up with error and warning messages that say you are using counterfeit ink .. at least you do on my printer.

The HP scheme sounds like a good idea if it stays at only £2 a month

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
unless you need colour (and probably even then), forget inkjets and go to laser. get a decent one for under <£50 you get thousands of pages on cartridges for about the same. much better quality and does faff around with blocked nozzles if you dont use regulalry.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes but you end up with error and warning messages that say you are using counterfeit ink .. at least you do on my printer.

I use an Epson WorkForce inkjet printer too. No error or warning messages at all with compatible cartridges. £17 for 12 cartridges. Amazing.

Last edited:

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

Nope. Never had any trouble or error messages on my printers. Branded inks made by the printer manufacturers are rip-offs. You should never have to buy overpriced inks if you do some proper research before you buy a printer.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I've just spent all evening failing to set up a wireless HP printer :angry:so until I can sort this out, probably not.

(It prints via a usb cable but I just cannot get it to access my router or home network :rant: )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here