Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

When did we last SAVE a penalty?

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Anyone remember? Also, have we ever saved one at the Amex?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Brezovan at Exeter was the last one I remember, which must have been 5 years ago! Has there been one since then?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The last penalty missed against us in the league was at Portsmouth in August 2011 when Lawrence hit the post against us.

Brezovan wasn't too bad at saving penalties so I guess he saved one the season before that.

Stumpy Tim

The last penalty missed against us in the league was at Portsmouth in August 2011 when Lawrence hit the post against us.

One of the great away game moments for me. We battered them & that horrible man Lawrence looked like he was going to rescue a point for those scumbags. The fact he missed made the game for me. It was joyous

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Missed - Lawrence for Portsmouth, hit the post - August 2011.
Saved - Brezovan from Abbot against Oldham Athletic - March 2010.

Abbott's miss / Brezovan's save was 24 penalties ago. In that time, we've missed 14 penalties from 36.

Last edited:

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.

Abbott's miss / Brezovan's save was 24 penalties ago. In that time, we've missed 14 penalties from 36.

14 missed from 34 is not good. I assume the man city and other cup pens aren't included. Do you know the players that missed them and how many they missed?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
O

24 penalties in a row is incredible. I don't think I've ever seen one taken against us even close to being missed or saved in a game I've actually attended. Kuszczak, in particular, seemed to have a knack of always diving the wrong way.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
To be fair to Ankergren, when the Portsmouth penalty hit the post he dived onto the rebound shot so saving an equaliser.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
14 missed from 34 is not good. I assume the man city and other cup pens aren't included. Do you know the players that missed them and how many they missed?

League only...

Ashley Barnes missed 5 out of 12
Glenn Murray missed 2/2
Ulloa 2/2
Ryan Harley 1/1
Elliott Bennett 1/2
Gary Dicker 1/2
CMS 1/3
Chris Wood 1/5
Dobbie 0/1
Vicente 0/1
Spanish Dave 0/5

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
24 penalties in a row is incredible. I don't think I've ever seen one taken against us even close to being missed or saved in a game I've actually attended. Kuszczak, in particular, seemed to have a knack of always diving the wrong way.

Not quite. If you count Lawrence's miss, the opposition have scored 18 in a row.

It's 24 since the last one was saved.

Our last penalty in the league was, of course, missed - by a long, long way. Ulloa's effort is, I believe, still in orbit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here