Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bennett-061114-l229-2067166_478x359.jpg

Elliott Bennett
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
15:20 6th November 2014
by James Hilsum
I appreciate all the support I’ve been getting in the past, so I just hope I can repay the faith they’ve shown in me."
Elliott Bennett

Elliott Bennett was thrilled with the incredible reception he received from the Brighton & Hove Albion fans during the 1-0 victory over Wigan Athletic at the Amex on Tuesday night.
Bennett started the move which set up the only goal of the game for Gary Gardner after just 54 seconds, and the winger declared he is determined to give everything he can for the Seagulls supporters.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I was delighted to get such a fantastic reception from the fans here and it just shows how much they appreciate me. I appreciate all the support I’ve been getting in the past, so I just hope I can repay the faith they’ve shown in me.
“I made a tackle on the edge of the area, played it to Joao (Teixeira) and then just tried to get into the box.
“The gaffer asked me to try and get into those positions. The ball fell kindly to Gards and he slammed it in. It was nice to score so early on and get off to a great start.
“The game probably wasn’t the nicest I’ve ever played in and the lads have said we’ve played better and not won, but in this league it’s all about picking up points.
“If you play like that and keep winning 1-0 until the end of the season, then you will get promoted, so nights like that show the character in the squad.”
LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 25-year-old was substituted after 89 minutes of the game with a touch of cramp, but said it was nothing to be concerned about and felt good after his first match since September.
“I started to feel like I was going to get cramp in my calves. I’m a team player and I don’t want to be on the pitch if I can’t give 100 per cent, especially if there are people on the bench that are fit and ready to give to the cause.
“The last thing you want to do when you’re winning 1-0 is not being able to track a runner and they go and score because you’re feeling a bit of cramp. It was time for me to come off but I’m delighted to get 89 minutes and a 1-0 win.”[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h]SaturDAY 8TH November, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V fulham
[/h]saturday 29th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v millwall
[/h]friDAY 12TH decEMber, kick-off 7:45pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here