Apr 17, 2011
London
Anyone in the cabinet with half a brain would challenge Edddie

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I think Milliband is a gonna. Interesting piece about him by Jason Cowley in the New Statesman at the moment, containing the following quote which sums up alot of his problem:

Miliband does not have a compelling personal story to tell the electorate, as Thatcher did about her remarkable journey from the grocer’s shop in Grantham and the values that sustained her along the way or Alan Johnson does about his rise from an impoverished childhood in west London. I went to Oxford to study PPE, worked for Gordon Brown, became a cabinet minister and then leader of the party does not quite do it. None of this would matter were Miliband in manner and approach not so much the product of this narrow background.

Last edited:

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Out of the three main party leaders I think Milliband is the worst, 0% charm and charisma. But in all honesty neither of the other two clowns has that much going for them do they.

What scares me is that if they are the best that our great nation can provide as our leaders then we may as well switch the lights off now ..

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
You never know , UKIP could take Doncaster North next May. :lol:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I hope Ed is pleased with himself now. He knifed his (far more capable) brother in the back to get the job and is now universally laughed at.

Shaka Umana for me.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Psychopaths are often known for being charming and charismatic - and these qualities are in no way indicators of how well a person can run a country. Yet, of course, it does win votes. Democracy has become little more than a popularity contest - about as relevant as X factor.

That all said, Millband is a buffoon.

now there's an idea.
let's elect our next bunch of leaders in a TV contest
we could call it the 'X' factor, you know 'X' for your vote, get it ??
I reckon a TV show called that just might catch on

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Clearly the wrong brother was picked

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
Psychopaths are often known for being charming and charismatic - and these qualities are in no way indicators of how well a person can run a country. Yet, of course, it does win votes. Democracy has become little more than a popularity contest - about as relevant as X factor.

That all said, Millband is a buffoon.

Nothing to do with the fact that the Labour Party 2014 is a pile of shit.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I am surprised they took this long to act. I suppose they thought he might improve. It turns out he hasn't.

David Miliband is the man. But the unions, and plenty of others in the party, wouldn't accept him. Not until Labour lose again and again, just like they did prior to Tony Blair.

Then eventually the plenty of others start to see sense, get to outvote the unions and they may become electable again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here