Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Web dsign con

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
I hired a chap to make me a website for my oven cleaning business on the understanding that I would be the number one ranked on google under 'oven cleaning,' It was to be a brillant piece of advertising for my company.

The chap did a decent enough job on the site and I checked it every hour for the next day, waiting to see the fruits of our collective labour. Instead nothing. I didn't even appear on the first page! Worse, the cheeky C U Next Tuesday expected me to pay him £300 for the priviledge. I put paid to that I told him i'd pay up when he delivered and the swindler took down my site!

Some people! :flounce:

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
bovvered.gif

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Nobody can guarantee to get you first ranked on Google. It also takes several months before Google itself will start to recognise and rank your site and that is something you have no control over. You could use paid search AdWords to get you started.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Is [MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] off sick?

If the above effort is anything to go by, get him well as soon as possible.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I'll make you an oven cleaner website. It's so easy a man can do it.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I hired a chap to make me a website for my oven cleaning business on the understanding that I would be the number one ranked on google under 'oven cleaning,' It was to be a brillant piece of advertising for my company.

The chap did a decent enough job on the site and I checked it every hour for the next day, waiting to see the fruits of our collective labour. Instead nothing. I didn't even appear on the first page! Worse, the cheeky C U Next Tuesday expected me to pay him £300 for the priviledge. I put paid to that I told him i'd pay up when he delivered and the swindler took down my site!

Some people! :flounce:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?312382-Why-am-I-not-at-No-1-on-Google

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
You don't need a website with all the bells and whistles. Just set up a MySpace account. It's what the kids are into these days. Nab the myspace.com/ovencleaning address and before you know it you can start waving to a hundred fold increase in business.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
You don't need a website with all the bells and whistles. Just set up a MySpace account. It's what the kids are into these days. Nab the myspace.com/ovencleaning address and before you know it you can start waving to a hundred fold increase in business.

Because a lot of kids have ovens to clean. :rolleyes:

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
ie.jpg

A web dsign ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills