Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Please help are you allowed to upgrade your child's u-10 season ticket for a match

seagulls united

Apr 8, 2014
lancing
Never done it before but are you allowed to upgrade your child's u-10 season ticket to adult for a match as I want to take my dad to a game to show him the stadium

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Never done it before but are you allowed to upgrade your child's u-10 season ticket to adult for a match as I want to take my dad to a game to show him the stadium

Yes you are, the value of the u10 ticket is deducted from the adult price. You'll need to phone the ticket line.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Yes, but I think not in the family stand.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, but I think not in the family stand.

You can if you have other friends and family linked to your account. As long as you can say you'll still be accompanying a child (even if it's not your own) they will upgrade the ticket.

Having said that, even if you haven't, they'll find you both another spot in the stadium at no extra cost to the existing adult season ticket holder for an identical price band seat - so it shouldn't cost you anymore in that event.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You can if you have other friends and family linked to your account. As long as you can say you'll still be accompanying a child (even if it's not your own) they will upgrade the ticket.

Having said that, even if you haven't, they'll find you both another spot in the stadium at no extra cost to the existing adult season ticket holder for an identical price band seat - so it shouldn't cost you anymore in that event.

That's nice but what possible practical justification is there for moving the two adults from one part of the stadium to another given that the family area is certainly not over-subscribed and the OP's father might want to sample the matchday experience his son and grandchild have?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's nice but what possible practical justification is there for moving the two adults from one part of the stadium to another given that the family area is certainly not over-subscribed and the OP's father might want to sample the matchday experience his son and grandchild have?

There isn't really other than the Family Stand is stated as all adults attending must accompany a child. I don't make the rules, but in my experience the ticket office are usually pretty relaxed in these cases when the circumstances are explained.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

If you choose to sit in the South Stand you get your own personal steward who'll go to the kiosk for you whenever you need anything...at least that's what it looked like on Tuesday.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
You can upgrade it at the ticket office on arrival at the ground. That's what happened to the ticket I used on Tuesday. There was no request for an alternative fan number for it or a need to be linked in friends and family to the ticket owner.

All took a couple of minutes after 5 minutes in the queue.

We used the "tickets for today's game" queue, by the way, which I think must have had a sub-note about upgrades on the sign.

It's really not a big deal or any fuss now the ticket office has relocated to the outside wall, as there are plenty of windows to keep the queues down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here