Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hyypia hails returning Bennett [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Albion*boss Sami Hyypia has hailed the cajoling impact of Elliott Bennett on his return to the club.
The winger on loan from Norwich helped the Seagulls to a 1-0 win against Wigan at the Amex last night, their first for 12 games in the Championship, in his first game back.
Bennett played a part in Gary Gardner’s matchwinner inside the opening minute and was given a warm ovation when he was substituted in the closing stages.
Hyypia told The Argus: “I think he can only help us, because even in a few days he has grown into the team already and he is a great character.
“He’s had a bit of banter with the lads already and he showed he can play. In the situations he was involved in he was very calm and normally the ball found its way to one of our players. When you have these kind of players on your side they can help.
“I saw situations where he rallied the troops during the game and that’s great. He showed a great attitude and I can see that he loves football.”
Hyypia was also pleased with the clean sheet for 18-year-old Christian Walton, named man-of-the-match by the sponsors on his home and league debut.
The Finn said: “Collectively going forward we weren’t maybe at our best but I’m very happy with the determination to defend our goal and keeping a clean sheet.
“Christian Walton played his second game and I’m very happy with that.”
The significance of the result was emphasised by home wins also for fellow strugglers Birmingham and Bolton against Watford and Cardiff respectively.
The Seagulls would have dropped into the bottom three without following suit. Instead they are up a place to 20th, behind Wigan only on goal difference, with a chance to climb further away from trouble against eighth-placed Blackburn at the Amex on Saturday.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here