Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Young Seagulls Christmas Party

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Just seen this announced, so just looking for advice from anyone who went last year...

With each junior ticket you only get entry for one adult, I know there needs to be limits but the wife would like to come along too as it's our son's first one. So just wondering if anyone has had experience of 'smuggling' a second adult through the gates in previous years?
My nephew could get a ticket too but can't attend the party, again not sure on the ethics of attending a kids party without the kid!!

I'll call the club before they go on sale anyway but just wanted to ask you friendly bunch first - thanks.

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
I was wondering the same thing. I'm pretty sure my other half would want to take my daughter so we might have to do 'rock, paper, scissors' for the adult ticket

I'm going to take my son. We've never been before, do you get to meet the players?

Been for the last two years and really enjoyed it. Youngest Potting was overjoyed to meet her hero, KLL, and have him sign her number 25 replica shirt. Lots of other players there as well, worth going!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Just seen this announced, so just looking for advice from anyone who went last year...

With each junior ticket you only get entry for one adult, I know there needs to be limits but the wife would like to come along too as it's our son's first one. So just wondering if anyone has had experience of 'smuggling' a second adult through the gates in previous years?
My nephew could get a ticket too but can't attend the party, again not sure on the ethics of attending a kids party without the kid!!

I'll call the club before they go on sale anyway but just wanted to ask you friendly bunch first - thanks.

I was wondering the same thing. I'm pretty sure my other half would want to take my daughter so we might have to do 'rock, paper, scissors' for the adult ticket

I do hope you guys are joking, but I fear not.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
I do hope you guys are joking, but I fear not.

Why do you 'fear not'?
1. If you think the Christmas Party is so ridiculous, then why open this thread?
2. You either don't have kids, or if you do, you don't enjoy seeing them having fun AND sharing their fun with their Mother.
Or 3. You're a 13 year old boy trying to be cool - shall I start a poll and put it to the rest of NSC?

Jolene81

Jan 28, 2014
Worthing
Why do you 'fear not'?
1. If you think the Christmas Party is so ridiculous, then why open this thread?
2. You either don't have kids, or if you do, you don't enjoy seeing them having fun AND sharing their fun with their Mother.
Or 3. You're a 13 year old boy trying to be cool - shall I start a poll and put it to the rest of NSC?

This :lolol:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Does having a junior season ticket automatically make you a junior seagull ? If so then I have a spare ticket as my 13 year old will be far too 'cool' to go to a Xmas party , you're more than welcome to use that ticket for your wife.

Jan 30, 2008

free loader alert:nono:
regards
DR

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last years party was EPIC.

All the players were there and so accommodating, as you'd expect but nevertheless still really appreciated.

Unsurprisingly there was a massive scrum for Calde.
Which spilled over to the massive scrum around Oscar (I bet Sami wont even go!!)

Oscar went nuts at the lack of organisation.
Pushed past me found a lackie and insisted on a straight line of fans.
He was still in front of a massive line 3 hours later even though the rest of the concourse had cleared.

Ince got pushed back into the ladies toilets by the quantity of fervoured kids.

CMS had to say the same thing about his injury a thousand times and didn't punch anybody.

Oh and Stat Club Juniors were absolutely banzi by the end.
They'll be tears before bedtime.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why do you 'fear not'?
I actually think the kids party is great, creating future fans etc etc. What I think is laughable is your selfishness.

You state that you understand that there has to be limits, these are probably a mixture of getting the maximum number of kids through the door to meet their heroes whilst being chaperoned by one responsible adult, and the ubiquitous health and safety/fire regulations. But in your eyes you want to smuggle (your choice of word) in your child's mother as well. Why are you not subject to the same rules as everyone else?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I actually think the kids party is great, creating future fans etc etc. What I think is laughable is your selfishness.

You state that you understand that there has to be limits, these are probably a mixture of getting the maximum number of kids through the door to meet their heroes whilst being chaperoned by one responsible adult, and the ubiquitous health and safety/fire regulations. But in your eyes you want to smuggle (your choice of word) in your child's mother as well. Why are you not subject to the same rules as everyone else?
8am, fabulous.

A superb kickin' that has genuinely bought a smile to my face (because I'm not on the receiving end or in such a foul mood I've handed it out).

WSU

Jan 17, 2012

You make a fair point, maybe I should just accept that only one of us will be able to attend.

If your 'I fear not' comment was intended to be a dig at me for wanting to 'smuggle' someone else in, then maybe you shouldn't have included the comment from Jolene81 about them deciding which of them will take their daughter - at no point did they suggest anything about smuggling someone else in.

Maybe in future when you wish to know if I am joking about anything, you could try to be more precise with the information you require. I read your post, rightly or wrongly, with a hint of sarcasm towards the Christmas Party (I also assume Jolene81 read it that way too judging by their reply) which is why I replied as I did.

I am fully aware that unlike a face to face conversation, any written message, post, email or text can easily be taken the wrong way. With this in mind, I would like to make it clear that my tongue-in-cheek comment about smuggling my wife in was meant to be light hearted - backed up by the following sentence that I would call the club for advice.

WSU

Jan 17, 2012
Does having a junior season ticket automatically make you a junior seagull ? If so then I have a spare ticket as my 13 year old will be far too 'cool' to go to a Xmas party , you're more than welcome to use that ticket for your wife.

Much appreciated mate. My nephew has a season ticket too so we could already use that and just 'persuade' him to go (a 12 year old who will probably also be too 'cool' to go) but thanks for the offer anyway.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
You make a fair point, maybe I should just accept that only one of us will be able to attend.

If your 'I fear not' comment was intended to be a dig at me for wanting to 'smuggle' someone else in, then maybe you shouldn't have included the comment from Jolene81 about them deciding which of them will take their daughter - at no point did they suggest anything about smuggling someone else in.

Maybe in future when you wish to know if I am joking about anything, you could try to be more precise with the information you require. I read your post, rightly or wrongly, with a hint of sarcasm towards the Christmas Party (I also assume Jolene81 read it that way too judging by their reply) which is why I replied as I did.

I am fully aware that unlike a face to face conversation, any written message, post, email or text can easily be taken the wrong way. With this in mind, I would like to make it clear that my tongue-in-cheek comment about smuggling my wife in was meant to be light hearted - backed up by the following sentence that I would call the club for advice.
It was a little dig to be honest, and maybe a little too obscure with hindsight. As you state, the written word is so very much more powerful than the spoken one, and perhaps I should bear that in mind more often. I hope you both enjoy the party.

This bloke meanwhile is nothing more than a blxxdy do gooder looking for positive 'thumbs' from all and sundry :whistle:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've just had my third reminder that the kids' Christmas party is nearly upon us and I should book tickets (I already have so that's a wasted effort).

In previous years, this has sold out in days. It's a sign of the times that three weeks after booking opened, the event is not sold out. If the club can't even attract younger fans to this, the club really does have difficulties

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've just had my third reminder that the kids' Christmas party is nearly upon us and I should book tickets (I already have so that's a wasted effort).

In previous years, this has sold out in days. It's a sign of the times that three weeks after booking opened, the event is not sold out. If the club can't even attract younger fans to this, the club really does have difficulties

I have taken my 11 year old son to the last 2 party's at the AMEX , and he went to some at Burgess Hill when it was held there. I have asked him if he wants to go this year and he said no.

He still wants to go to matches, but for how long I don't know.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
More likely the parents can't be bothered to take the kids to anything Albion related in the present situation .

Don't really buy that: parents take their kids to some shockers - I still recoil from the two (TWO) Alvin and the Chipmunks films I suffered. And some dreadful shows and tedious parties etc. If kids wanted to go to the Albion party, most parents would take them

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here