Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Has the Paddy party ended before its begun??

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
Know he hasn't been getting much of a look-in lately but do you think fan enthusiasm/optimism about the difference Paddy can make is dwindling in tandem with Sami's seeming reluctance to use him??

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Know he hasn't been getting much of a look-in lately but do you think fan enthusiasm/optimism about the difference Paddy can make is dwindling in tandem with Sami's seeming reluctance to use him??

Nope, only player currently on the club's books with magic feet. A joy to watch. Assuming there isn't an underlying fitness problem, a different manager might well start him every week.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Was gutted him and Bennett didnt start together yesterday, would be a match made in heaven. Looked like he had, had a shave too.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
Players like Paddy help to make football amazing.

BUT unless he has the right players around him and is given license to do as he pleases then he is a luxury.

If we start with a stronger midfield three like Ince, Holla and JFC, then I think he would be a great option to have in the attacking three.

Maybe him, EB and Baldock. Especially as he is great at holding onto the ball.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Baffling why Sami refuses to start him. Surely can't be "rotation", we just don't have the quality in depth to play that game.

Defending has -never- been a significant part of his game and probably even less so as the knees get older. But he has the quality to turn a game in Vicente-like fashion. He also showed his passion and commitment re Rotherham (I think) when he made a great jinking run, pulled the ball back across the six yard box and then did his nut at COG and one of the midgets for just standing there watching him and making no effort to make contact with the cross.

Start Paddy and give him licence. Play Ince as his "minder" to cover the ground / defensive responsibilities when Paddy can't.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, only player currently on the club's books with magic feet. A joy to watch. Assuming there isn't an underlying fitness problem, a different manager might well start him every week.

Strange that his last two clubs have been relegated Barnsley and potentially relegated Brighton when he is apparently almost world class.
*notconvinced*

Buckeejit

Sep 21, 2014
As the recent 'Give Me Sport' feature said:

"He is one of a select few of players capable of producing off-the-cuff moments of pure magic that all those who witnessed them will remember for the rest of their lives."

... hence the cult adulation at all the clubs he's been at... know that doesn't convince everybody of his worth but that's their opinion...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He has his Ricky Villa moments, but from what I've seen so far not much of what he tries actually comes off.

Other than laying a goal on a plate for someone with that mazy run v Rovrum, whats he actually done so far ? Can't think of much.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Strange that his last two clubs have been relegated Barnsley and potentially relegated Brighton when he is apparently almost world class.
*notconvinced*

Neither am I; we were overrun in midfield last night with Kaz & Tex running into blind alleys and losing the ball far too often. Not sure we needed any more twinkly feet on the pitch.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I agree. From what i've seen, takes too many touches and inevitably gives the ball away. I'd guess he is the sort of player that needs a proper run of games to hit form.

Is that based on the 15-20 minute cameos or are you including the League Cup ties?

Chinman3000

Sep 28, 2011
One thing that does need to end is his awful 'achey breaky heart' song. I cringe everytime people try and get it going.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here