Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

BBC Sport Quote from Sami

northlainebadger

Jun 19, 2013
I was sitting on the fence over Sami Hyypia and thought he has to have some kind of a chance but after his quote after last nights game he can disappear up his own orifice.
Talk about contempt for supporters that KEEP HIM IN A JOB maybe just a small acknowledgment to your fans Sami may make us get behind the team that bit more.

"I make my own pressures as for outside pressures, I don't really care." BBC SPORT

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I was sitting on the fence over Sami Hyypia and thought he has to have some kind of a chance but after his quote after last nights game he can disappear up his own orifice.
Talk about contempt for supporters that KEEP HIM IN A JOB maybe just a small acknowledgment to your fans Sami may make us get behind the team that bit more.

"I make my own pressures as for outside pressures, I don't really care." BBC SPORT

I dont see that directed straight at the fans, That to me says, no matter how much pressure we, the board orthe media put on him, the most pressure he will be under is, the pressure he puts himself under.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

:lolol: It's comments like this that he doesn't care about. Thank f*** for that.

Apart from that this has to be a troll thread :thumbsup:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I was hoping he cried himself to sleep after reading comments on here, and was forced to walk the streets in the evening to calm himself down after slapping himself with rage and frustration.
Barber out.

northlainebadger

Jun 19, 2013
Its not a troll thread.

I why cant the man at least acknowledge supporters at the end of a match.

I have sat through like the rest of us so much crap and will sit through a lot more but for gods sake show some kind of gratitude.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Certainly looked like a man that didnt care when slumped in his chair while Wigan took major control from 45 minutes onwards. Only seemed to react when the fans started having a right go. No idea what he was hoping before he changed it. We just couldnt get any foothold or momentum going. No one would of been suprised if Wigan had scored and then you are possibly likely to go on and lose. Disapointing from him regardless of if you back him or dont . No excusing that . Needed to step up , get some unstructions out , make changes . Influence.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's probably just a language thing.

The guy is Finnish and I doubt, beyond TV, he has ever heard or spoken English before.

All things considered I think he does remarkably well.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Its not a troll thread.

I have sat through like the rest of us so much crap and will sit through a lot more but for gods sake show some kind of gratitude.

What do you want him to do, shake your hand on the way out?

And the OP was about a quote, not about him not showing you gratitude. The thread title should have been “Why doesn’t Sami appreciate me?”

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
If you had seen most of his recent interviews you would have noticed that he is always being questioned on how much pressure he must be under. The implication is that his job is on the line. He usually rebuffs this with a comment about how he considers that as long as he does his job to the best of his ability then there isn't much more he can do and others will decide if he should go. This is no way relates specifically to the fans and seems to relate more to how the board perceive he is doing in the job

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Its not a troll thread.

Totally agree.

Bloke who sits a few rows away from me always stays to clap the team off regardless of the result or performance. Personally, I'd like to see him given an opportunity as manager as he would clearly acknowledge the fans after. Couldn't give a shit if he doesn't have a clue about training, tactics, dietary requirements, recovery or scouting - he'd clap the North Stand and traveling support after an away game and that is all the matters

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
this is the full quote via
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29797381

"It's a great feeling to win the game. It was very important to win in this situation and the team showed a lot of character.
"It's a big relief to get the win; I just concentrate on my job and work with the pressures. I do what I believe.
"I make my own pressures as for outside pressures, I don't really care."

Tommy Tradlles

Aug 22, 2014
Chichester

When a team is winning it doesn't matter what a manger says or does he is a genius. When a team is losing fans find any excuse to criticise a manger. That's all this is about!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its not a troll thread.

Gratitude for what, exactly?

I don't clap my students at the end of a lecture for attending, why should he feel obliged to do the same for fans, especially as a significant percentage of them want him to lose his job.

Would you thank someone who wanted you to be unemployed, in your line of work?

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Lots of people are missing the point here - being grateful to supporters is in the top three attributes you need to be a good manager. Just look at how badly Chelsea are doing with that Jose Mourinho chap in charge who used a post match press conference to directly criticise his clubs fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here