Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which Loan Player misses out on Saturday?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Al-Habsi
Halford
Joe Bennett
Gardner
Elliott Bennett
Texeira

We can only name 5 loan players in a matchday squad of 18.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gardner , scoring the winning goal doesn't guarantee a place in the squad for the next game.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Al-Habsi without a second's hesitation. He's only here as a stop gap anyway. what does it say to our own keeper that - after 2 fantastic performances - he's straight back out in favour of a chap who's only here a couple of weeks?

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
Al-Habsi without a second's hesitation. He's only here as a stop gap anyway. what does it say to our own keeper that - after 2 fantastic performances - he's straight back out in favour of a chap who's only here a couple of weeks?

That's what I would go with myself, but I cannot see it happening.

I hate the word inexperienced, but that is what the excuse will be, even though you can only get experience by playing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's what I would go with myself, but I cannot see it happening.

I hate the word inexperienced, but that is what the excuse will be, even though you can only get experience by playing.

Agreed.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It had better not be Elliott Bennett.

Just listened to his interview on Player. He is exactly the type of player we need on a permanent basis. He loves the club, is articulate and isn't one to shirk his responsibilities. When asked about that crunching tackle in front of the dugouts in the first half he just brushed it off saying 'he just got me toe a little bit'. Even if he's only here for a month maybe he can lift everybody's morale and attitude.

Tony Bloom should do all he can to bring him back permanently.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What people are fogetting is that Al Absi is out of contract in June so perhaos we are looking ag signing him for next season when he becomes free in which case they will continue to play him when possible.

For me probably Teixiera but he could start Holla or Ince and then it would be Gardner.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
"Fantastic" is going a tad far isn't it? Two decent performances, yes, but I rather see Gardner drop out. Irrespective of the goal last night, he's been poor.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Fantastic" is going a tad far isn't it? Two decent performances, yes, but I rather see Gardner drop out. Irrespective of the goal last night, he's been poor.

Didn't put a foot wrong IMO, and made plenty of very good saves against Spurs. Add to all this that he's 18 and making his first EVER first team games, I'm willing to go to "fantastic".

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Fair enough. Don't get me wrong, he's been impressive, but I don't think sticking him in the middle of a relegation fight is a great way to start off. That said, a baptism of fire could be the making of him...

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Halford is a versatile utility player who can fill in at any defensive position or at a push as he did at Forest up front a la Virgo so doubt it will be him.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Halford is a versatile utility player who can fill in at any defensive position or at a push as he did at Forest up front a la Virgo so doubt it will be him.

He's a centre back, who can make a nuisance of himself up front if required. Anywhere else he'd be an enormous liability. He's a TERRIBLE full back.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
It won't be Gardner as he clearly HAS to play every week. I guess Halford is needed in case Greer/Dunk get injured. I'd be quite happy to sacrifice Tex as long as Paddy starts in his place.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Al-Habsi
Halford
Joe Bennett
Gardner
Elliott Bennett
Texeira

We can only name 5 loan players in a matchday squad of 18.

Easy, Al-Habsi should go back now as we don't need him to be honest.

However he wont, and will be the first one to be picked in case anything happens to Walton, which then begs the question just what is Ankergran getting paid for completely dead money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here