Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Special Pie...

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Did anyone have the special last night? Haven't had a pie in a while since I put myself on a ban for the shit service in the WSU, however after missing dinner I was starving so gave the special a go. It was bloody lovely, If its on again Saturday I may be tempted to forgive and forget.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Did anyone have the special last night? Haven't had a pie in a while since I put myself on a ban for the shit service in the WSU, however after missing dinner I was starving so gave the special a go. It was bloody lovely, If its on again Saturday I may be tempted to forgive and forget.

Someone had eaten all the GUEST pies by the time i got to them...was it you? :spam:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yep, I went with the barbecued pulled pork pie last night, and it was excellent. Pastry good, plenty of filling, moist, spicy, great flavour.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Hmm, I went for the guest pie, initially there was a chicken one in the box so I went back and changed it and found the pulled pork one was ok but there didn't seem to be much by way pork, there was sauce and there was these mini square things which I guess was veg. I guess I was unlucky as I was expecting something along the lines of the pulled pork rolls which they do but was left disappointed.

I might have to attempt it again on Saturday then as it sounds like I had a dud

The guest pie I had before the Rotherham game was excellent though, beans cheese and potato.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hmm, I went for the guest pie, initially there was a chicken one in the box so I went back and changed it and found the pulled pork one was ok but there didn't seem to be much by way pork, there was sauce and there was these mini square things which I guess was veg. I guess I was unlucky as I was expecting something along the lines of the pulled pork rolls which they do but was left disappointed.

I might have to attempt it again on Saturday then as it sounds like I had a dud

The guest pie I had before the Rotherham game was excellent though, beans cheese and potato.

That sounds like you had a shitter.

Mine for a change was full of pork, it also had a bit of potato in there as well, which was fine by me. I had a chicken balti a couple of months back which had two tiny bits of chicken so I do think its a case of Pie Roulette.

Aug 21, 2011
Why are the guest pies generally always better than the standard ones, and based on the fact most people prefer them why are they not always on the menu, like theChicken Balti used to be . Would this not boost sales?

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Opted for the Chicken and Ham as wasnt feeling adventurous last night, looks like i made a mistake. Will have to make up for it on Saturday.

If it comes near to the Chilli will be excellent.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Had a pie at Bournemouth on Saturday, it was a bloody AWFUL stodgy undercooked heap of crap and only slightly cheaper than ours. Barber IN.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
they had sold out by the time i wanted one. Paul Barber received a rather scathing e mail this morning I can tell you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here