Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You'll love this .

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
With a third of the season gone and the Seagulls languishing around the relegation places there is one particular aspect the hardcore Amex faithful appear to be pleased about – the reduced queues for the stadium's food and drink outlets.

Despite announcing an attendance of 23,044 for the game against Wigan last night (Tuesday 4 November), it was obvious that there were far fewer fans in the stadium.

The Albion base attendances on tickets sold. So the 21,000 or so season ticket holders, including 1901 members, are counted as having attended whether they turn up or not.

Some will have overheard a chief steward’s two-way radio crackle that there were just over 16,500 “on turnstile”.

If that is accurate then over 6,000 fans chose not to attend on the coldest night in ten months, in early November.

The likelihood that the match was played around the proximity of a majority of fans’ pay day must be a further concern.

Although the club will have collected a majority of direct debit season ticket payments the day before, there must have been a deficit in the revenue from merchandise and refreshment sales with apparently so few fans in the stadium.

So what can the club do?

Improve on the pitch is the obvious starter. The win against Wigan will hopefully encourage more to turn up for the next home game against Blackburn on Saturday (8 November).

Maybe the club can look at food and drink prices. £4.10 for a pie seems a little excessive. As does the general £4.10 a pint on most beer brands.

The much-heralded schools shelf appears to have been empty all season. Surely the club can find some willing youngsters and teachers to take this up regularly at a reduced rate.

The simple fact is the exciting uniqueness of the Amex match-day experience is wearing off for some, if not many.

The Albion need to ensure the golden goose isn’t overcooked before Christmas!

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Well, it didn't help us, ordered some food in the 1901 at 6.45, it wasn't appearing so I enquired and was told sorry, you can have your money back, have it after the game or wait a litle longer. We were hungry, wanted to go home after the game not eat and had we waited for the food would have missed the first goal. Three and a half ....ing seasons and they can't even serve up some gammon and chips on time. The club then sends me flyers about booking meals and hospitality packages. I WILL NEVER EAT AT THE AMEX AGAIN!! More lost revenue, the service in the stands is as bad as the service to our forwards on the pitch. Get a grip Barber, your operation is hemorrhaging money, is it any wonder revenues and numbers are down, its a total shambles!!!

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
Yawn...the pie debate runs on. Supply and demand will sort that out. If you don't want them, or think they are too expensive, don't buy them. SIMPLE. If nobody buys them they either reduce the price or stop supplying them. Personally i'd rather have a decent pie at that price than a rancid one for £2.50 but perhaps they should supply both and see what the crowd demands.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
My first time in 1901, Heineken Lounge, no problems there for service or food/drink :). Did notice that it was half empty and was wondering if it were full, what would it be like then. For starters, no pun intended, there would be no where to sit and then be able to order food. All in all, a good experience.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Yawn...the pie debate runs on. Supply and demand will sort that out. If you don't want them, or think they are too expensive, don't buy them. SIMPLE. If nobody buys them they either reduce the price or stop supplying them. Personally i'd rather have a decent pie at that price than a rancid one for £2.50 but perhaps they should supply both and see what the crowd demands.

They sell the exact same pies 90p cheaper at MK Dons. Think the grumbles are justified bearing that in mind.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They sell the exact same pies 90p cheaper at MK Dons. Think the grumbles are justified bearing that in mind.

Is that because the catering is now in-house ? Lindleys had a 5 year catering contract at stadium:mk but that expired in 2012.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here