Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two players up for CORNER? Embarrassing!

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
We have got to get more players in the box when attacking. I simply don't understand the lack of speed and numbers on counter attacks. Lazy or clueless? As for playing long ball to the 5'6 striker all game. WTF?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We have got to get more players in the box when attacking. I simply don't understand the lack of speed and numbers on counter attacks. Lazy or clueless? As for playing long ball to the 5'6 striker all game. WTF?

I presume you're referring to the corner in the 94th minute, as that's the only one which we'd have had two players up for.

In which case you're displaying a startling lack of footballing nous.

Also- this 5'6" striker- is that some new signing I'm not aware of?

Albion_Dave

Jul 4, 2011
Eastbourne
I presume you're referring to the corner in the 94th minute, as that's the only one which we'd have had two players up for.

Especially as there were 4 Wigan players in our half when the corner was taken.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Who cares, we won!

Totally agree, there have been so many posts about what we did wrong, very few on what we did right, which was show spirit and win. There were plenty of positives imo, not least the maturity and cajoling of EB along with a couple defence splitting passes from him. I think too many people thought we should just roll Wigan over, they are a decent team and posed us plenty of problems. Blackburn and just about every other team in the league will also give us problems. Staying in this division is all this season is about imo and yesterday was a scrappy start after a dreadful run. The players lacked confidence and it showed, maybe they will be less panic striken on Saturday and we can kick on.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Totally agree, there have been so many posts about what we did wrong, very few on what we did right, which was show spirit and win. There were plenty of positives imo, not least the maturity and cajoling of EB along with a couple defence splitting passes from him. I think too many people thought we should just roll Wigan over, they are a decent team and posed us plenty of problems. Blackburn and just about every other team in the league will also give us problems. Staying in this division is all this season is about imo and yesterday was a scrappy start after a dreadful run. The players lacked confidence and it showed, maybe they will be less panic striken on Saturday and we can kick on.

Second half yesterday was one of the worst performances in a long time whilst we were in possession. But like you I am putting that down to nerves about getting the long overdue win. We had to win last night seeing the other results so that was the crucial bit. But if we do continue to play like that all season, I would be very worried about going down. At the start of the season the performances were good and I knew we would soon get the positive results to show for it, but recent weeks has seen me become more and more concerned that the performances are dropping now too.

Fingers crossed this was the confidence boost we need to push on a play a bit more effectively going forwards again.

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013

I'm referring to the 5'6 balldock. I'm talking about every corner we had! only ever one player in centre you need players behind the defence it's basic football or have you a "startling lack of football nous"

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought Sami running out on pitch and dragging players out of the penalty area, was a little uncalled for.

The man is a menace and ruining MY club.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
...... I'm talking about every corner we had! only ever one player in centre you need players behind the defence it's basic football or have you a "startling lack of football nous"

You must have been watching a different game to me mate

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm so embarrassed to support a team that only put 2 men up for a corner; I can barely hold my head up and look people in the eye today.

(Ignoring the fact that our conversion rate from corners this season has been one of the few positives)

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I'm talking about every corner we had! only ever one player in centre you need players behind the defence it's basic football or have you a "startling lack of football nous"

We had three corners, the first Elliott Bennett failed to get over the first defender when we'd sent Dunk and Greer up, the second I can't remember. The third came in the 94th minute, we are 1 up with seconds to go of course we aren't going to throw everyone forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here