Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northstand singing two songs at the same time

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
If we have a mass drop in ST sales in the summer we need to convince those in the corner to come central and then more will join and it can spread evenly.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It's well nigh impossible for the Northstanders at the east end of the stand to hear anything that is coming out of the police box area.

No wonder the singing sounds muddled.
From the family stand I could see that much of the time they were singing but it was too quiet to make out just what. I agree that people generally in the north would join in more if they were central.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Singing 2 songs at the same time - its just like waiting for a bus.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
No.

Not all the time one person thinks he is the head cheerleader.

Surely it's two people thinking they're the cheerleader that is the problem?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
It's well nigh impossible for the Northstanders at the east end of the stand to hear anything that is coming out of the police box area.

True. Even for those of just left of the goal it isn't always clear what's being sung in the north-west corner. It tends to work like waves - we join in with whatever's loudest. Sometimes we'll start something and it spreads, other times a louder song sweeps across and we drop what we were doing and join in with that instead. Very hard to co-ordinate unless you get all the regular singers in one place.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
From the family stand I could see that much of the time they were singing but it was too quiet to make out just what. I agree that people generally in the north would join in more if they were central.
I get this but there is a strange anomaly in that from the north end of WSU I could hear a chant from what can only have been about 12 Wigan fans...

I was impressed by the NW last night. They gave TBBAWA a really good go and only indulged in a couple of euro/Rangers/Celtic wannabee numbers.

"Go Left, Go Left" even sounded decent for once..!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Singing 2 songs at the same time - its just like waiting for a bus.

It was last night! The 25 l was on was terminated short at Lewes Road Bus Garage due to the congestion on Lewes Road. The 25 that was following us overtook without stopping to transfer the passengers, and we were left stranded for nearly 45 minutes until the next one came along ...

I just thought l'd mention that. Maybe l should have started a new thread entitled 'Chaos on Lewes Road'

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

This. There were some singers to the left of us, nearly at the end of the north stand (east end) who tried to join in noisily, but couldn't make out which chant the middle or right side were singing.
Despite being told the acoustics were good, they blatantly aren't.
The main singers were originally in the centre of the stand but got too much grief from the stewards.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Agree with Lord Bracknell. It takes too long for the songs to ripple from left (east) to right (west), so in the periods of silence one of the sides starts up a song, often ending up with two separate songs being sung simultaneously. Until the middle is full of singers, too, it'll always be difficult.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here