Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turned a corner or papering over the cracks?

What's your verdict on the Wigan win?

• We've turned a corner

Votes: 42 18.7%
  • The win merely papers over the cracks

Votes: 183 81.3%

• Total voters

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Good first half, dour but necessary second half. As you say it's three points. Still don't know whether I'd rather be thrilled by seeing us tonk Cardiff but let them get away with a point, or hang on against a poor Wigan team -- with some players that looked decent in the PL.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Obviously I wasn't there, but for me tonight was all about 3 points and getting a bit of belief back into the squad. Not conceding was a massive bonus. Performances can come later.

Easy for me to say as I hadn't paid money to watch the game - but I can imagine the atmsophere at training tomorrow will be unrecognisable from the past few weeks.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Not changed my opinion that he is the wrong man, but if he can finally admit the formation he wants to play won't work and the one tonight is here to stay we might be getting somewhere.

SI 4 BHA

Nov 12, 2003
westdene, brighton
Good to win but a half empty stadium and not a performance that will encourage the stayaways to return. Makes it more difficult for TB to decide what to do. Had we lost Sami may have got his P45 but does this buy Sami more time or do you bite the bullet? Glad it's not my decision!

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Looked a team short on wins and therefore short on confidence, hopefully this can help them get their belief back and we can start to put a run together and climb up the table

A lot of draws say that we arn't as bad as some make out we are

easynow

Mar 17, 2013
jakarta
50246-soooo-youre-telling-me-theres-P7Ga.jpeg

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Anyone who went to the match and genuinely thinks we've turned the corner watched a completely different match to the one I just witnessed.

Paper. Cracks.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
At times like this I always try to remember Fletcher's advice to Godber in Porridge: "Little victories, Lennie, little victories."

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Anyone who went to the match and genuinely thinks we've turned the corner watched a completely different match to the one I just witnessed.

Paper. Cracks.

Agree completely.

Brighton played better at bournemouth and lost. Well pleased they had wag horn up front tonight.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Reserving judgement. Wigan's finishing was very poor and ours was practically non-existent. Good to get three points under the belt tho. Obviously.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Following good displays against Spurs and Bmoth with out the results to day we get a result We might not have turned the corner but we can see it just up ahead, a good result saturday and then we will have turned the corner

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here