Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Service to Baldock tonight.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Woeful.

The lad makes plenty of runs but he never gets the ball passed through to him.

What's the point in LUMPING it to him and then expecting him to win the ball and then stare at him hoping he will produce something out of nothing.

Hard to blame him for our lack of goals, my guy feeling is he could turn into a solid championship goal scorer if we counter attacked more efficiently with more runners in support.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
I thought he looked quite sharp tonight but you are right about the lack of quality service to him. Even when he did get a through ball, it pushed him too wide and he blazed over from a tight angle.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Our passing game has been destroyed. The aimless lumps up front were painful to watch tonight. Not even Leo would be capable of looking good with that service.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Woeful.

What's the point in LUMPING it to him and then expecting him to win the ball and then stare at him hoping he will produce something out of nothing.

Hard to blame him for our lack of goals, my guy feeling is he could turn into a solid championship goal scorer if we counter attacked more efficiently with more runners in support.

This in buckets and spades

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Woeful.

4 new midfielders needed PDQ

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Give us a chance, taken 3 months to convince hyypia to play with proper wingers next stage in his education is passing and then service to the front. Baby steps!!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I think he's had better service in the last two games than he has since he signed (which is saying nothing). Good performance from him tonight.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Our passing game has been destroyed. The aimless lumps up front were painful to watch tonight. Not even Leo would be capable of looking good with that service.

Agreed, result aside it was very painful. How I longed for just a smidgen of possession, a considered short pass or two, some attempt to control the pace of the game. The second half showed our nerves and lack of confidence. Hopefully the result is something to build on rather than the performance...

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Sad that there's no song to sing him when he's subbed. Must seem like a kick in the teeth when you play well and the fans sing the oncoming sub's name.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Baldock must wonder why he bothered coming here. We were truly shite tonight and the service too him was simply appalling. How we managed to get 3 points is a complete mystery.

Not for me - Baldock too lightweight and dribbling skill/technique doesn't make up for that. True he didn't get a lot of ball but what he did get her lost too easily or played a very negative ball backwards.

He really is not the answer to us getting anywhere in this league. Loan striker/January signing cant come quick enough.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Dreadful ball control for a 2 million pound striker, no presence whatsoever, gets pushed of the ball too easily by defenders and is not that quick. Poor man's CMS for me so far. Hope he improves.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
CMS has been putting up with it for 3 years, CMS is also much better and stronger than baldock, he does put a bloody good shift in too though

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Spot on.

I like the look of Baldock and think he will prove to be a very good signing.

I've thought the criticism of our strikers in recent weeks has been OTT. IMO Baldock and O'Grady have played well at times but been let down by a dodgy defence and a very weak midfield.

The attempts stats were very misleading as hardly any of them were clear cut chances, we've hardly created any decent opportunities this season.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
I like the look of Baldock very much. First touch is always very positive and his work rate is good. Why he got taken off tonight and vs Bmuff gives me concerns about the management. I love Benno but he was struggling before he went down. Baldock was keeping the defence on their toes. The game was asking for CMS and Baldock to run their weary defence wragged.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
If Baldock was any good, he would have done better. He had three decent balls to make opportunities in the first half but he squandered them all so completely that they were non-events. .

Tex hit the bar and Elliott Bennett headed over so we could have done better.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Not for me - Baldock too lightweight and dribbling skill/technique doesn't make up for that. True he didn't get a lot of ball but what he did get her lost too easily or played a very negative ball backwards.

He really is not the answer to us getting anywhere in this league. Loan striker/January signing cant come quick enough.

Agree. For me Colunga is a better bet and I was surprised he did not play tonight. His all round game is better than Baldock's and he has better control, runs off the ball and vision.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Spot on.

I like the look of Baldock and think he will prove to be a very good signing.

I've thought the criticism of our strikers in recent weeks has been OTT. IMO Baldock and O'Grady have played well at times but been let down by a dodgy defence and a very weak midfield.

The attempts stats were very misleading as hardly any of them were clear cut chances, we've hardly created any decent opportunities this season.

THIS

The midfield have been very weak this season and I believe to the main problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here