Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hale ****ing lujeah!!!

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
It's not about playing "crap football" though, it's about finding the balance between defence and attack. And like Óscar García said, he played to our strengths. As we had nowhere near as good attacking options as other, better teams, we focused on keeping it tight. It worked.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Double post. Deleted

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
That is all!

Of course, if Sami had been binned on the weekend, it would have been 4-0. Or 5-0.
Depending on whether Mullery (4-0) or Pulis (5-0) was the caretaker.

(If the Welsh weasel had also been binned, that's 5-0 and 6-0, respectively)

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Bit like getting excited about the choice of tune by those on Titanic playing their violins.

Witty but irrelevant, we just won and are no closer to the bottom.

I still gave you a thumbs up as I've not heard that one before.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
What an odd feeling. I would love to be delighted for our first win in light years but I just can't. We were poor tonight, if ever there was a need for a "papering over the cracks" thread, it's tonight.

Difference between tonight and the majority of the games we have played this season?

Our opponents didn't score.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What an odd feeling. I would love to be delighted for our first win in light years but I just can't. We were poor tonight, if ever there was a need for a "papering over the cracks" thread, it's tonight.

Difference between tonight and the majority of the games we have played this season?

Bizarre wasn't it. If someone had told you before tonight we would play a 4-2-3-1 who would have expected both Ince and Holla to be left out and Gardner and JFC to be holding?!! I couldn't believe it took him so long to change that pourous midfield.

I think the players got the result they deserved and it was nice to see their relief at the final whistle but the manager got a bit lucky. That selection could have cost us. I still think he's the wrong man

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
I think that we just need to play crap football... Look at last season... nothing special.. Made the playoffs...

With respect completely disagree with the comment about last season, imo Brighton were a class side last season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I actually didn't think we played that badly tonight . Wigan are decent side who out muscled us at time and played the ball about nicely. We were under the cosh for a lot of that game and came out with a win.

BUT I feel sorry for baldock, he has taken over the mantle of CMS in the " bang it up in the air to our forward" and that doesn't suit him as it doesn't suit CMS. We must play the forest lad up front as he is big and can win and hold the ball up...someone we desparately need!

Be interesting if he plays Walton or Al habsi on satdi! I think it will be Al habsi.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade

We were so so poor, thankfully for us Wigan left their shooting boots at home

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
Bizarre wasn't it. If someone had told you before tonight we would play a 4-2-3-1 who would have expected both Ince and Holla to be left out and Gardner and JFC to be holding?!! I couldn't believe it took him so long to change that pourous midfield.

I think the players got the result they deserved and it was nice to see their relief at the final whistle but the manager got a bit lucky. That selection could have cost us. I still think he's the wrong man

Exactly, is tonight a turning point in our season that we could build on? No.

It was merely a fortunate result which could have easily have gone either way.

I'm all for backing managers that have shown glimpses of something positive, or have achieved in their past e.g Pardew, I've had many discussions with people about how I personally would stick with him throughout the bad spell he was going through with Newcastle.

But not Sami... He has shown NOTHING to suggest he is the right man to lead us to the premier league (which if I am not mistaken, is the long term goal). For Christ sake, he has shown nothing to suggest he is the right man to keep us in the championship!

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It makes up for last season when we dominated against Wigan and they caught us twice on the break. I always thought Wigan would struggle once they got relegated, small club deep in Roogbee League territory

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here