Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

One World Trade Centre opens

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I agree. They should have kept the site as a low level memorial centre.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
The 104-storey building, the tallest in the US and erected on the site of the twin towers ... I'm not sure I'd be that keen to work there if I'm honest.

I do understand what you mean, but then the bad guys would have won surely?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The 104-storey building, the tallest in the US and erected on the site of the twin towers, is starting to be populated by workers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29884205

I'm not sure I'd be that keen to work there if I'm honest.

Agreed. I'm not great with heights anyway, but would imagine quite a lot of glances out the window at any sound of aircraft.

Have they built it to remain standing in the event of a similar attack?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think it looks magniificent

Frampler

Aug 25, 2011
Eastbourne
I'm glad for the people of New York that it's opened. However, location aside, it's an uninspiring skyscraper.

Apparently it has steel reinforced concrete that makes it more resistant to an attack. I hope it never gets put to the test.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I'm glad for the people of New York that it's opened. However, location aside, it's an uninspiring skyscraper.

Apparently it has steel reinforced concrete that makes it more resistant to an attack. I hope it never gets put to the test.
A month ago I was there, and viewed it from the street, and whilst on a trip on the Hudson,.....I can tell you, it is very impressive, it almost glows with its contemporary lines and finish.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
*The distant thundering of hooves as Conspiracy Theorists approach the thread*

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
A month ago I was there, and viewed it from the street, and whilst on a trip on the Hudson,.....I can tell you, it is very impressive, it almost glows with its contemporary lines and finish.

I'll give you free chuckle.
I went on the Hudson River Ferry to view the Statue of Liberty, visibility wasn't great but somehow I sat on the wrong side of the boat so missed it, to avoid disappointment I swapped sides on the boat, blissfully ignorant to the loop it was performing, therefore missing it again on the return. Not my proudest moment.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I went on the Hudson River Ferry to view the Statue of Liberty, visibility wasn't great but somehow I sat on the wrong side of the boat so missed it, to avoid disappointment I swapped sides on the boat, blissfully ignorant to the loop it was performing, therefore missing it again on the return. Not my proudest moment.
Is your name Karl Pilkington?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
A very bland piece of architecture. Such a wasted opportunity.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Free chuckle taken and enjoyed, thank you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here