Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
bennett-signs-031114-l229-2060256_478x359.jpg

Elliott Bennett
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
07:49 4th November 2014
by James Hilsum
The confidence I've got in the players after Saturday is more than good enough for me"
Elliott Bennett

Elliott Bennett says he is relishing the opportunity to help Brighton & Hove Albion rise up the SkyBet Championship table and believes there are reasons for optimism after the side’s display against Bournemouth on Saturday.
The winger, who signed on loan from Norwich City on Saturday, was impressed by Albion’s performance in Dorset and feels there is plenty to build on going into Tuesday night’s game against Wigan.
He said, “I watched the game and there were spells when we completely outplayed Bournemouth and to go and score two goals there is not easy thing to do.
“We played them with Norwich earlier in the season and drew 2-2 with them as well. You can’t legislate for individual mistakes and they’re going to happen in games.
“On Saturday we made a couple of mistakes, but if we can put that right then there is certainly a lot to build on going into the game against Wigan.
"The confidence I've got in the players after Saturday is more than good enough for me.”
bennett-031114-l229-2059077.jpg

The 25-year-old is expecting a tough test from the Latics on Tuesday and believes they will come to the Amex with the intention to play passing football.
“They still have a lot of players that played in the Premier League and there is a lot of quality there. They like to play.
“Every game in the Championship is a test and that’s why I think there are teams that probably shouldn’t be in the positions that they are currently in, like ourselves.
“I’m hoping that I can have a positive impact with the squad that’s already here and try to help us get up the league.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Albion’s latest signing also believes that it is too early to determine whether Albion will be embroiled in a relegation battle.
“It’s way too early to say who is going to be top or bottom of the league.
"I think I am right in saying that Blackpool, the year they got promoted, weren't doing too well until after Christmas when they went on a crazy run, so it's way too early yet.
"Yes, the league position isn't great and it tells facts. The first third of the season hasn't been how everybody would maybe have envisaged it, but if you flip that around and the results go in your favour in the next two thirds of the season then you could still get promoted.
"We had only one win in eight games with Norwich and now we're three points from top. I know everyone looks at form and how things go, but in the Championship that goes right out of the window every single time you play."[h=3]ALBION V WIGAN
[/h]TUESDAY 4TH November, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V blackburn
[/h]saturday 8th november, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]Albion v fulham
[/h]SATURDAY 29TH NOVEMber, kick-off 3pm

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here